[V3.4] The Rising Tide
- Published on Tuesday, 08 April 2014 17:14
To know more on Riptide abilities, read it here!
New Avatar EA:
New Avatar EA:
Master of Songkran
New Avatar: Songkran Rampage New Avatar: Caller Cthuluphant New Avatar: Nuclear Winter Glacius
Nuclear Winter Glacius
Rabit Night Bunny
Keeper of the Green
Version 3.4 - The Rising Tide
== General ==
- Added new Hero: Riptide
* The new Hellbourne strength hero Riptide is an ancient elemental from the bedrock of what became Caldavar. He has emerged from the primordial deep of the Inner Sea, manifesting the enormous power of the cold, black tides that once covered all of Newerth. Our advice: learn to swim.
- Riptide Ability 1: Watery Grave
* Riptide sends out a fierce, concentrated blast of water that damages and silences his enemies
* Target a unit to deal 60, 120, 180, 240 Magic Damage and Silence it for 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 seconds
* If the target is on water:
* It is Slowed by 50% for 3.5 seconds
* The Silence is increased to 2.5,3,3.5,4 seconds
* The Damage is increased to 80, 160, 240, 320
- Riptide Ability 2: Undertow
* Riptide unleashes a massive tidal wave to drench all his foes
* Target a location to unleash a tidal wave that deals 125 Magic Damage to all enemies hit. The wave leaves behind 250 radius puddles that give Riptide his "In my Element" buff
* If Riptide has his Ultimate active then the puddles will also slow Movement Speed by 30% for every enemy inside
- Riptide Ability 3: In My Element
* While in water, Riptide gains special bonuses by absorbing the element which gives him life
* Riptide gains the following buffs while on water:
* Attack Speed: 30, 40, 50, 60
* Move Speed: 5, 10, 15, 20%
* Attack Damage: 15, 30, 45, 60
* Invisibility unless he is within 450 radius of an enemy hero
* This buff will linger for 1 second once you are off water
- Riptide Ability 4: Perfect Storm
* Riptide calls down a powerful storm from the skies to drown Newerth while his own power increases
* The entire map is covered in water for 30, 50, 70 seconds, allowing Riptide to receive all his "In My Element" buffs
* All puddles now become "Deep Puddles" and anyone who is inside them is slowed by 30%
* All enemies are considered on water and will get the extended Silence and Slow by "Watery Grave"
- Added new Riptide Debut Edition Alt Avatar: Toxin
* There are areas of Newerth even the bravest heroes will not enter-vast expanses of wasteland seething with the pollution of the Lost Civilization, tainted by the tortured souls entombed within the virulent sludge. Now this mire has stirred, coalesced into Toxin, a living embodiment of the foul desecration of nature. He has trudged from the black ooze of the wastelands into Caldavar with the desire to taint everything he touches and leave a swath of infected land and water behind.
- Added new Riptide Premium Alt Avatar: War Blossom
* The Songkran Water Festival is upon us, and we're ready to cool off and celebrate the New Year by showering the map with water, flowers, and talc! WaterFest leads the blessing of Newerth with beautiful blossom armor and a body coursing with clear blue water, and when he steps into the soothing currents of Caldavar his festive nature grows even larger!
Camera Zoom Distance
+ We've allowed the maximum camera zoom distance to be increased, largely as a quality of life change, to allow players a more valid response to heroes that initiate from off-screen. We are aware that this increases our system requirements and will be keeping a close eye on this change.
- The default and maximum ingame Camera Distance has been increased from 1,650 to 1,850 units
Hero Kill Gold changes
+ The formula for gold distribution was largely favoring grouping in the earlier stages of the game. Kills involving 4-5 heroes often resulted in double the amount of team gold compared to a single participant. The primary incentive for grouping should be completing team objectives, not hunting for heroes.
- Proximity Hero kill gold lowered from 30+5 per level to 0+7 per level
+ Increasing the relevance of the ranged barracks much sooner in the game. Teams will notice a much greater lane progression when destroying only the ranged rax as opposed to the melee.
- Fifth melee creep spawns at 45 minutes instead of 33 minutes
- Doubled ranged creeps spawn at 33 minutes instead of 45 minutes
+ We've found that the Jungle was giving too much gold and experience relative to lanes. Often times the primary source of income on the map, it became mandatory to farm, which, because of its safety, promoted passive play. The efficiency of the Jungle has been reevaluated reducing the potential benefits. To compensate for the gold and experience reduction, we've reduced the damage neutrals deal to heroes and increased the yield of the easy camp to speed up the early game efficiency of junglers that do not have immediate access to the strong camps.
- The positions of the north-east most Legion Medium and Strong camps have been swapped
- Lane creeps will now aggro neutrals outside of only the pull camp
- Vagabonds have been moved from the medium camp to the small camp
* Commonly Referred to as "Double Pulling"
- Easy Camp: Experience increased by 15% & Gold increased by 10%
- Medium Camp: Experience decreased by 15%
- Hard Camp: Experience decreased by 15% & Gold decreased by 10%
- Ancients: Experience increased by 15% & Gold decreased by 20%
- Damage Uncontrolled Neutrals deal to Heroes reduced from 75% to 50%
- Ebulas have been moved from the small camp to the medium camp with a new neutral: Pustula
* Pustula has the Kamikaze ability. Kamikaze causes the Pustula to explode, leaving a goo on that ground that slows enemies
- Replaced the Minotaur Medium Camp with 2 Antlore Archers, 1 Antlore Healer, and a new neutral: Antlore Necromancer
* Antlore Necromancer has the Raise Dead ability, summoning Zomblings
- Werebeast Enchanter now has the Far Sight ability, usable when controlled by players
* Far Sight grants vision of an area for a brief duration
- Replaced a Fire Ogre with a new neutral: Alchemist Ogre
* Alchemist Ogre has the Transmute ability. Transmute instantly destroys another non hero unit
+ Towers have been tweaked to keep some late game relevance by implementing armor penetration. We've also reduced the damage received from melee summoned minions and player controlled neutrals to allow for better response time against heavy minion lineups.
- Tower attacks now pierce 25% of all Armor
- Summoned Melee units damage multiplier against Towers lowered from 70% to 50% (does not affect lane creeps)
- Player-Controlled Neutrals damage multiplier against Towers lowered from 70% to 50%
The following heroes and items will be added to Tournament Rules
- Ioyn Stone
== Hero Reworks ==
+ The goal of this rework is two fold. We wanted to shift Cthulhuphant farther into an initiator role that can cause a lot of chaos in the mix of a team fight. On top of that we realized that we had an opportunity to take advantage of the great theme and lore of this hero to bring you all something truly terrifying......mwhahahaha!
- Launch distance increased from 600 to 900 units
- Stun duration of targets hit by creeps increased from 1 second to 1.75 seconds
- Damage increased from each minion hit from 10/15/20/25 to 15/20/25/30
- Shield HP value from 40/60/80/100 % of target's max HP to 50/100/150/200 + 10/20/30/40 % of target's max HP
- Now applies a shield in front of Cthulhuphant that pulses damage in a 400 radius cone in front of Cthulhuphant
- The damage done is 15/20/25/30 every pulse to every non hero unit and 25/30/35/40 damage to all hero units
- Duration lowered from 30 seconds to 25 seconds
Mortifying Presence renamed to Dream of Madness
- Activate to start an Aura that covers a 1000 radius from Cthulhuphant. Anyone inside this aura that faces Cthulhuphant will receive stacks of Madness. When they reach 4 stacks of Madness they go insane and begin to attack the nearest unit to them for 1/1.5/2/2.5
- 2 Charges are removed per second whenever looking away from Cthulhuphant
- Anyone within a 400 radius of Cthulhuphant are so scared they move 15% slower and attack 10% slower
- Duration increased from 4 to 5 seconds
- Damage of the ultimate starts lower and increases after each pulse
- Damage increased from 400/600/800 to 490/690/900
* Level 1: First pulse does 30 magic damage + 20 damage per additional pulse, capping at 130 damage
* Level 2: First pulse does 40 magic damage + 30 damage per additional pulse, capping at 190 damage
* Level 3: First pulse does 50 magic damage + 40 damage per additional pulse, capping at 250 damage
+ Shadowblade has a "choose your play-style" fun that a lot of people have come to enjoy. With the following changes, we wanted to give you that feeling a bit more while also making the ultimate less tedious to use. Staff of the Master is also an excellent idea for a hero that is looking to build stats so we took the opportunity to give him a staff that added a lot to his customizing power.
- Duration increased from 11 seconds to 15 seconds
- Duration increased from 11 seconds to 15 seconds
- Duration increased from 11 seconds to 15 seconds
- Mana cost lowered from 60 to 30
- Cast range has been increased from 800 to 1600
- You now take the primary stat of whatever form you are in when using the ultimate on yourself
- No longer interrupts movement on cast
- Can now be boosted by Staff of the Master
Staff of the Master Boost Effect
- Essence Shift: Cooldown lowered from 30 seconds to 5 seconds
- Essence Shift: While in Strength form, you get 60/80/100% Cleave
- Essence Shift: While in Agility form, you gain Unit Walking and True Strike
- Essence Shift: While in Intelligence form, all your attacks drain mana from your target equal to 80% of your Intelligence
+ Silhouette is an amazing hero with a ton of synergy, however a lot of that synergy was being held back because she was a 600 range semi-carry. In order to compensate for her range, the power of her abilities had to be continuously lowered until she fell out of favor completely. This was not an intended goal and we felt a rework that lowered her attack range and put a solid emphasis on the synergy of her abilities would allow for her to shine.
- Attack Range lowered from 600 to 350
- Intelligence increased from 18 to 23
- intelligence per level increased from 1.7 to 2
- Turn Rate increased from 360 to 450
- Mana cost lowered from 85/95/105/115 to 85/90/95/100
- Blade rotation speed increased from 90 degrees/second to 135 degrees/second
- Cast range rescaled from 1200 to 1000/1150/1300/1450
- Cast Action Time lowered from 0.2s to 0.15s
- Cooldown decreased from 16 seconds to 19/15/11/7 seconds
- Mana cost from 120 to 120/105/90/75
- Stun duration decreased from 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds to 1 second
- Log Bolas now costs 25/50/75/100 mana to cast
- Silhouette is no longer disarmed while traveling in Sky Dance
- Cooldown decreased from 4 seconds to 4.5/3.5/2.5/1.5 seconds
- Attack speed bonus increased from 150/200/250/300 to 400
- Damage increased to 4/7/10/13 per stack
- Relentless Salvo enemy state duration increased from 3 seconds to 10 seconds
- Charge limit on the Relentless Salvo enemy state increased from 5 to 15
* Translates to an increase in damage cap from 15/30/45/60 to 60/105/150/195 physical damage at max charges
- Illusions add charges onto enemies with the Relentless Salvo state, but will not deal bonus physical damage based on the charges
- Cast Action Time decreased from 0.3s to 0.25s
- Cooldown decreased from 120/110/100 seconds to 80 seconds
- Mana cost decreased from 150 to 150/100/50
- Duration of illusion increased from 15/25/35 seconds to 20/30/40 seconds
- Illusion's damage received multiplier decreased from 200% to 200/150/100%
- Illusion's damage dealt multiplier increased from 66% to 100%
- Swap sub ability cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 8/6/4 seconds
- Swap sub ability mana cost decreased from 50 to 50/25/0
== Heroes ==
+ The previous change to Artillery reduced the excessive flash farming capabilities of the hero. We are now focusing on adjusting the power and difficulty of LRM making it much more reliable in combat.
- LRM: Touch radius increased from 40 to 60
- LRM: Lifetime lowered from 800 to 600 (reaches its max distance sooner)
- LRM: Mana Cost lowered from 80/90/100/110 to 70/80/90/100
+ Adding to Bombardier's utility kit allows for some creativity with his team. Bombardier may now attach his Sticky Bomb to an ally for some clever team combinations. Bombardment will also deal a portion of it's damage to buildings to assist with his long range sieging and harassment capabilities.
- Sticky Bomb: Can now attach to allies
- Bombardment: Now deals 33% damage to buildings
- Sticky Bomb: Cooldown lowered from 17/16/15/14 to 14 seconds at all levels
- Boom Dust: Charge refresh lowered from 10/8/6/4 to 4
+ We've increased the cooldown of Kelp Field at the earlier levels. Before, Bubbles has had a significant power spike when first hitting level 6, which made him extremely valuable even when underleveled. Now, he is not able to forfeit lanes as comfortably.
- Kelp Field: Cooldown increased from 85 to 115/100/85
+ We are happy with the concept of Curse of Ages being usable in ganking scenarios. However, we have found that the timer was far too short, which allowed for frequent use in lane scenarios.
- Curse of ages: Automatic countdown timer increased from 5 seconds to 9 seconds
+ Mostly a quality of life improvement, the change for the Demented Shaman helps stop dramatic heroics from turning into awkward moments.
- Unbreakable: Projectile Speed increased from 800 to 1200
- Unbreakable: Cast time lowered from 300 to 150
+ Skillful Self Denies can provide satisfaction from both sides. The lack of input and counter-play from Rot, however, made it unpredictable and random, especially in the scenarios of multiple enemies attacking him. We've added a small window that will prevent the lethal damage from Rot if the Devourer has taken damage from another player recently. This will add a more interesting skill dynamic requiring the Devourer to juke and avoid damage while also creating more tension for the enemy to keep him in combat.
- Rot: Can no longer self deny within one second of taking damage from another player
+ Offering more to his utility kit, we wanted to reward the Electrician's iconic offensive and defensive dispel by significantly reducing the cooldown.
- Cleansing shock: Cooldown lowered from 16/12/8 to 12/8/4
+ Offering more to Emerald Warden's utility kit. Emerald Warden will now be more proficient at scouting enemies and countering stealth.
- Hunter's Command: Now applies sighted and revealed to the targets for the duration of the slow
+ Magnetic Surge's cast time has been cut in half to reduce some of the awkwardness when following up with an auto attack or Release. Flux's input flow will feel much more fluid.
- Magnetic Surge: Cast time lowered from 400 to 200
+ Geomancer's Dig range has been increased at the earlier levels, increasing his initiation capabilities in lane and when roaming.
- Dig: Range increased from 700/800/900/1000 to 1000
+ Grinex is a very aggressive ganker in the earlier stages of the game giving good map control to a team. We are keeping this strength relevant to preserve our goals of hero diversity and toning down his late game potential instead to separate him more from his carry focused invisibility counterparts.
- Agility gain lowered from 2.8 to 1.8
+ Galvanize has had it's power increased at the later levels, offering more to Hammerstorm's team kit to combat Physical Damage. This will also offer a larger incentive to skill Galvanize over bonus attributes.
- Galvanize: Armor increased from 3/5/7/9 to 3/6/9/12
- Galvanize: Mana Cost lowered from 25 to 25/15/5/0
- Galvanize: Cooldown lowered from 36/30/24/18 to 36/28/20/12
+ Kraken has an above average Movement Speed that allowed for some excessive gap closing. Combined with the utility of his abilities, it was often times difficult to avoid the Kraken's attacks. With a reduction to his Movespeed, it will be easier to kite the Kraken when you avoid his abilities.
- Base movespeed lowered from 310 to 300
+ We've swapped the cooldowns on Lion's Pride and Golden Salvo to bring back some of Midas's early game team fighting potential. Because of the difficulty of achieving the maximum potential of Lion's Pride, the choice between skilling Lion's Pride versus Golden Salvo was too limited.
- Lion's Pride: Cooldown reduced by 5 seconds
- Golden Salvo: Cooldown increased by 5 seconds
+ Moon Queen is a hero that gains a large amount of free damage from her abilities which allows her to be effective even with a lack of combative items. We've toned down the damage from Moon Finale to reduce her team fight impact and ganking capabilities. The reduction in movement speed will also give enemies a more meaningful opportunity to avoid the full damage from Moon Finale.
- Base movespeed lowered from 320 to 310
- Moon Finale: Damage lowered from 300 to 275
+ We've found Pestilence to be proficient at too many roles. We want to keep his carry potential and chasing play style intact, so we've turned down some of his team fight and initiation impact instead. The stun duration of Impale has been reduced, most noticeably at the later levels. Swarm's Mana cost has also been increased, forcing Pestilence to be more considerate of his frequent use, especially in the earlier stages of the game.
- Impale: Stun duration lowered from 1/1.5/2.0/2.5 to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75 (Slow still only lasts for 2 seconds after the stun duration)
- Swarm: Mana Cost increased from 25 to 50
+ The frog has received some mana decreases in his Tongue Tied and Voodoo Wards abilities to help alleviate some of the gold requirements for mana items. The reduced mana cost on Voodoo Wards will also allow for much earlier use of Restoration Stone in his end game build.
- Tongue Tied: Mana Cost lowered from 110/130/155/185 to 100/115/130/145
- Voodoo Wards: Mana Cost lowered from 200/350/600 to 200/350/500
+ One Man Riot has been reworked to be something a bit more interesting for the brute. One man Riot will now reach a higher peak of damage when Prisoner uses his abilities, while no longer granting free passive damage.
- Starting damage increased from 53-59 to 57-63
- One Man Riot: Reworked from 15/30/45/60% Base Damage to 15/20/25/30% Base damage for each of your abilities on cooldown
+ We've lowered the Base Attack Time of Revenant to assist with his role of semi-carry and lane presence with Defile. Mortification will also prioritize enemies over self when duplicated with Manifestation removing the risk involved with achieving the damage potential.
- Base attack time lowered from 1.7 to 1.5
- Defile: Slow duration increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds
- Mortification: Prioritizes enemies over self
+ Slither's attack has been lowered slightly. We wanted to keep Slither's strength against melee heroes relevant however his lane aggression against ranged heroes made him difficult to compete against. Slither will have a slightly increased risk when poking at enemies.
- Attack range lowered from 500 to 450
+ To compensate for some of the jungle changes that reduced the overall gold yield. We've increased Solstice's creep clearing speed a bit.
- Solar Slash: Bonus damage to creeps increased from 75% to 100%
+ Largely a quality of life change, Call of the Valkyrie will no longer be a randomized target.
- Call of the Valkyrie: second hit always targets closest instead of random
+ Between the duration and the cooldown, Glyph of Silence had an extremely small window for counter-play. We've reduced the uptime by increasing the cooldown.
- Glyph of Silence: Cooldown increased from 30 to 45
+ To compensate for some of our jungle changes that reduced the overall gold yield, we've increased the early game damage of War Beast's Hellhounds.
- Hellhounds: Starting armor increased from 2 to 3
- Hellhounds: Damage increased from 24/32/40/48 to 30/35/40/45
== Items ==
Token of Life
+ The token of life's excessive duration was allowing for extremely passive play from the holder. Killing Kongor should incentivize an engagement with the upper hand soon after the kill, not an extended protected net of safety.
- Duration lowered from 7 minutes to 5 minutes
+ We feel that Alchemist Bones has far too limited use. With the reduction in gold values lowering the potential of the item, we felt this was an avenue to explore combative uses for Alchemist Bones.
- Can now target player controlled units
+ We've toned down the amount of hits it will take for summoned units to destroy the courier. Teams will still need to be considerate of their courier usage however the frequency of unresponsive courier deaths will be lowered. We've also reduced the cost of replacing the courier.
- Summon Units damage to the courier lowered from 3 health per hit to 1 health per hit
- Ground Courier cost reduced from 200 to 100
+ Energizer is promoting the fast paced action that we all enjoy, however we've found that teams are obtaining the item far too early for the amount of benefits it provides. We wanted to keep the impact of the activation of Energizer high, so we've reduced the buildup efficiency of the item and removed some of the passive benefits. We've also added a team activation cooldown similar to Astrolabe to prevent excessive stacking. We are aware that Energizer is a core item on some heroes and we will be watching them very closely.
- Old Buildup: Pretender's Crown(185) + Pretender's Crown(185) + Soulscream Ring(460) + Recipe(600) = 1430
- New Buildup: Major Totem(540) + Soulscream Ring(460) + Recipe(500) = 1500
- Removed Passive Move Speed
- Increased mana cost from 50 to 75
- Now has a team cooldown of 25 seconds (no stacking buffs)
- Reduced Recipie cost from 600 to 500
+ We've reworked the slow of Icebrand to be something much more noticeable earlier on. Icebrand previously took a maximum of 5 attacks to reach it's potential, which for most heroes wasn't realistic. It's upgraded forms have also been adjusted accordingly.
- Slow increased from 3% to 6%, maximum charges lowered from 5 to 2 (now slows up to 12%)
Frostburn and FrozenLight
- Slow increased from 5% to 6% (now slows up to 18%)
- Maximum number of Chilled charges increased from 3 to 4 (now slows up to 24%)
Icon of the Goddess
+ Icon of the Goddess is filling it's role as a snowball item. However we are uncomfortable with the impact of the burst healing and regeneration making it extremely difficult to kill enemies under the effects. We wanted to maintain the high impact so we've increased the amount of time it takes to receive the same health and mana.
- Health and Mana regeneration state lowered from 30 per second to 20 per second
- Health and Mana regeneration state duration increased from 10 seconds to 15 seconds
+ Iron Buckler is extremely frustrating to lane against for ranged heroes with inherently lower damage than melee. We want harassment progression to be noticeable so we've toned down the damage reduction amount. To compensate we've also lowered the cost to allow for more interesting starting build diversity.
- Block amount lowered from 20 to 15
- Cost lowered from 250 to 225
+ To alleviate some of the downtime from roaming, reducing some of the frequent fountain trips for supports and roamers, we've added some health regeneration while under the benefits of the Movement Speed bonus.
- Now grant 2 HP regen passively while you have charges
== Bots ==
- Easy difficulty bots now take more creep damage before retreating
* This also gives players more opportunity to harass them
- Fixed an issue with teambots with no heroes
== New Content ==
- Added new Glacius Alt Avatar: Nuclear Glacius
* Nuclear Winter Glacius is rumored to be a power-hungry wizard who traveled alone to the blasted lands beyond the Frost Fields, a region so ravaged by the nuclear wars that ended the Lost Civilization that no living creature has ventured in and survived more than a day. He sought the forgotten magic of mankind that allowed them to harness energy from the tiniest particles and transform it into destructive power that could level a city-even a civilization. Now he carries the power of that destruction within him, and he is well aware of the irony that it is the only thing keeping his ruined shell of a body alive.
- Added new Klanx Alt Avatar: Safari Klanx
* No region of Newerth is safe when Safari Klanx is on the prowl. Armed to the teeth with various weapons and traps (one of which is carried by his involuntary pack-elephant (or packyderm)), the overconfident "sportsman" takes great pride in ending the lives of those weaker than himself. From the sticky Rulian Marsh, to the chilly Frost Fields, the to barren Savannahs, the ultimate hunter has his mind on trophy heads and victory. Once he finds the trail of his prey, there is no escape, no matter where on Newerth they roam.
- Added new Master of Arms Alt Avatar: Songkran Master of Arms
* Master of Arms is all decked out in his Songkran gear, and nobody can protect themselves from the party he is about to unload. Armed to the teeth with water balloons, bottles, and spray guns, this competitive badboy is ready to soak all the ladies with his blaster.
- Added new Rampage Alt Avatar: Songkran Rampage
* Nobody celebrates the Water Festival better than Songkran Rampage! For the duration of the holiday (and the rest of the year) he's joyously burning rubber, blessing everyone with his water jug and gathering partygoers together with his chain of flowers. You're getting dragged into the Songkran Water Festival whether you like it or not!
- Added new Night Hound Holiday Avatar: Rabid Night Bunny
* Easter is right around the corner, but before you go looking for eggs on the ground, you may want to watch your back! The Rabid Night Bunny is a fearsome protector of all things small and colorful, emerging from his secret lair once a year to scare curious children who might get their greedy little hands on his precious trinkets. He may look cute, but this bunny has no qualms about cracking your head wide open and feasting on the cream filling.
- Added new Keeper of the Forest Alt Avatar: Keeper of the Green
* Hailing from the steamy southern regions of the Rulian Marsh, beyond the grasp of the rotten vines and vile parasites, where the sun shines longer and the trees grow fuller without the strife of battle, Keeper of the Green lays back and watches the time fly. His fists are chipped from exploration of the environment and of his mind, but he takes it all in stride. After all, when one lives as long as he does, you learn not to sweat the small stuff, only the sun high over the treetops.
- Added new Cthulhuphant Alt Avatar: Caller Cthulhuphant
* Awoken from his eternal slumber in the lost city of R'lyeh, the tentacled monstrosity known as The Caller rises from the depths to wreak havoc on the mortals of Newerth. Constant battle and strife has finally shaken the waters enough to rouse the mythical beast and, with great disdain, the powerful ancient of ancients trudges beyond the ocean floor to vanquish the disturbances. Calling from the edge of the universe and beckoning the living from beyond time, Newerth may be destroyed by the grotesque titan before either side of the war gets a chance to reclaim it.