[V3.4.8] Patch Notes
- Published on Tuesday, 01 July 2014 14:41
Game Service will be unavailable during this time. Players are advised to logout before this time.
*Downtime may be extended without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.*
Green Knight Accursed
| New Avatar:
| New Avatar:
Lady Liberty Moon Queen
NOTE: Hotkeys to use Items ingame have been reset to the default
NOTE: Please uninstall any mods you might have active, as this patch changes a lot. There is a high potential the mods will break until they are updated
== New Content ==
- New Sir Benzington Alt Avatar: Lancelot Benzington
* The head of King Arthur's Knights of the Round Table, the impressive but arrogant Lancelot was a frightening warrior, unmatched in his abilities with the cavalry. His iconic lance was considered a prized weapon, enhanced with magic by Arthur's court wizard, Merlin, who saw a great future in the boy from a young age. A bit too pretentious for his own good, he often rubbed people the wrong way, including Arthur's trusted Green Knight, with whom he had a respectable but rocky relationship.
- New Gold Edition Legionnaire Alt Avatar: Kurgan Legionnaire
* There can be only one... Gold Edition Legionnaire! Even the most hardened soldiers of the Hellbourne shy away when The Kurgan joins the fight—especially those who consider themselves immortal. While most daemons seek victory, blood, and souls from Man and Beast, The Kurgan scours the battlefield for only the most potent life-force, and he cares not if he takes if from Legion, Hellbourne, Rift, or Chiprel. And if your life-force is deemed unworthy of collecting, you'll most likely be tossed into the dog pit for amusement. But don't lose your head! As long as he doesn't decapitate you, you can come back for another go. Wait, his Ultimate ability is called Decapitate? Well played, Kurgan.
- New Accursed Alt Avatar: Green Knight Accursed
* Formerly the most powerful knight in Newerth, long before the reign of King Maliken, the Green Knight was a proud and vigilant defender of Caldavar's monarchy. His strength and cunning was a blessing to the Legion on the battlefield, as well as in the barracks, where he devoted his time to teaching infantry soldiers. His humanity came to a halt after his body was destroyed by a sorceress, trapping his soul in his armor.
- New Soulstealer Alt Avatar: Redeemed Hades
* Now that he has been redeemed by Zeus, Hades can once again travel among the living without keeping one foot in the underworld. While he does enjoy the living world, he misses his kingdom of the dead. Redeemed Hades feels even more animosity toward Zeus now; he thinks his younger brother redeemed him out of pity and as a show of his power. Redeemed Hades still believes his underworld is a great place to be, and he will send as many heroes there as he can.
- New Holiday Edition Moon Queen: Lady Liberty Moon Queen
* Lady Liberty is a beacon of hope, a light in the darkness, and a symbol of freedom throughout Newerth, but nothing shines brighter than her ego. She is a champion for those who cannot fight for themselves, espousing the truths of liberty and justice, though her methods can seem reckless, even counterintuitive at times. Regardless, she is respected throughout the land for her bravery and cunning, waving the stars and stripes as she flies between army regiments, uniting her own and dividing the enemy.
- New POGS Alt Avatar: Forsaken Archer (POG)
* The POGS avatars are here! These high definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
== General ==
- Introducing our first Community-Made Map: Prophets
* Prophets is a Free-for-All (FFA) arena game based off of the popular Warcraft 3 map, Warlock. From spewing fireballs to launching electric bolts, Prophets keeps the action fast-paced while testing the finesse of all players involved. Prophets has 14 abilities, almost all of which are skill shots, making the battle arena a place where only the strong survive. Prophets utilizes the incredible K2 engine of HoN and gives the community another way to enjoy Heroes of Newerth. Whether you're jumping in queue with a group of buddies or taking on the world of Prophets by yourself, you're sure to enjoy this fast-paced game mode!
- Announcing: Sol's Theatre
* Sol's Theatre is a collection of maps made by the community and guided/polished by the HoN Team. Every map that is part of this collection is made by all of YOU!
* Prophets is the first map added to Sol's Theatre!
- 'Expanding Sol's Theatre' - A $10,000 Community Map Making Contest
* 'Expanding Sol's Theatre' is a community driven, company guided map making contest that gives the players of Heroes of Newerth the power to build and design the newest maps that will enter Newerth. The contest will be separated into three parts and there will be prizes won at the end of each section. 'Expanding Sol's Theatre' starts on August 1st, so gather up some ideas and get ready to make your map a reality!
- Map Rotation
* The Map Rotation (an idea inspired by the community) will be a new process that is being implemented into Heroes of Newerth by the HoN team! The goal of the Map Rotation is to continually offer up different game modes in HoN's Team Match Making (TMM) creating a more exciting TMM experience! Any map is eligible to come back into that third TMM slot but the amount of time that they will remain in that slot will depend on the popularity of the map.
* Prophets has been added to the Matchmaking screen as the first Map in the rotation, replacing Rift Wars.