[3.5.9] Patch Notes
- Published on Tuesday, 04 November 2014 15:00
Game Service will be unavailable during this time. Players are advised to logout before this time.
*Downtime may be extended without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.*
| New Avatar:
- New Bot: Bombardier
* This is the second bot created by Anakonda!
* Anakonda receives 6400 gold coins, his choice of alt avatar, and the Robot Courier forum award!
- New Bot: Grinex
* This is the second bot created by Darkfire!
* Darkfire receives 6400 gold coins, his choice of alt avatar, and the Robot Courier forum award!
== New Content ==
- New Deadwood Avatar: Corn Stalker
* As the war rages on and the harvesting season approaches, the Hellbourne have set about scorching, trampling, and poisoning the crops to deny the enemy succor. In a stroke of depraved genius, Deadwood tainted a rolling field of Legion corn by sowing the earth with the putrid bodies of his latest victims. Their agonized souls have coalesced and risen as Corn Stalker Deadwood, who emerges from among the shadowed rows to reap a human crop of terrifying proportions.
- New Lodestone Avatar: Straw Man
* Designed with scrap materials by a gaggle of goblins, the Straw Men serve not only to keep animals away from the Beast Horde's crop fields, but also as robotic executioners for unlucky wanderers. They patrol the perimeter of farmland areas night and day, never ceasing, fueled by the corpses of people and animals they slaughter. The gigantic furnaces on their back quickly dispose of corpses, leaving no trace of the intruders to identify, and bellowing out large plumes of smoke over taller crops as a warning: enter at your own peril.
- New Madman Avatar: Raving Madman
* The inmate known as Raving Madman is believed to be a Legion foot soldier captured at the base of Watchtower by Falow the Puppet Master, who used the hapless conscript as an experiment to determine how much torture a human could endure before going insane. The Puppet Master discovered there are many levels of insanity, - each more violent and twisted than the last, and when he finally found the depths of human madness he set the Raving Madman loose upon Newerth. Now, the Legion must avoid his swiping claws and gnashing teeth while they try to capture their former comrade alive so he can be taken to the sixth dungeon of Caligo Alcazar -- the infamous former fortress of Maliken Grimm when he ruled the Legion from Adkarna -- now a prison for those condemned by malleable Legion justice. Perhaps the Legion doctors who house the violently insane can bring stillness to his writhing mind...
- New Limited Edition Zodiac Slither Avatar: Scorpio
* The eighth sign of the zodiac, Scorpio, is the most deceptive and deadly of the group. The slowburn of her enemies' life force gives her great pleasure, more so than any quick death could ever give. Few stories are ever told about her, since most of the people who encounter her perish before they can return home. Her personality is as lethal as her venom, leaving her few friends, even in the ranks of the Zodiac. The golden rule, if you see a glint of moonlight on her armor at night, is simply this: do not stick around.
- New Chronos Item Avatar: Bia - Savage Mace Chronos
* Bia is the personification of force and raw energy. As a constant companion of Zeus, she supported him in the war against the Titans, during which she saw the true power of savagery in the face of the enemy. Over the centuries she has become somewhat more subdued, softened by the devotion of her worshipers and lack of - interest in the endless wars of mankind, and this pitiful state was quickly exposed when she was summoned by Zeus to join the war upon Newerth.
The raw brutality of the war between the Legion and Hellbourne was a harsh wake-up call to the once-fierce warrior, and she is determined to take whatever action and acquire any item necessary to revert to her savage state and show these amateurs how to fight a real war.
- New URSA Corps Benzington Avatar: Grizzington
* The URSA Corps warrior known as Grizzington began as an animal rights activist who devoted her life to protecting the innocent creatures of Caldavar from the carnage of the war between the Legion and Hellbourne. The conflict has torn through fragile ecosystems, destroyed migration patterns, and left countless carcasses in its wake, pushing many species to the brink of extinction. Convinced the humans of the Legion care for the animals only as far as their pelts can bring wealth and glory, while the Beasts are too preoccupied with survival to care for their less-powerful brothers and sisters, she turned to the sisterhood of the URSA Corps and worked with Kodia to design a suit of armor for herself and her beloved creatures. The first prototype of rider and mount was christened Grizzington, and she rides forth to hunt and kill any who threaten the innocent of Caldavar.
- New POGs Avatar: Wretched Hag
* The POGs avatars are here! These high definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
== Bug Fixes and Optimizations ==
- Fixed a bug where queuing up too many move commands could cause heroes to become unresponsive
- Guttling Hook vocals will only play if the hook successfully hits a target
- Fixed a rare bug where Grapple's second activation would sometimes go behind Gauntlet after acquiring a Staff of the Master.
Master of Arms
- Fake-casting Forked Lightning with the Libra avatar will no longer create an excessive amount of particles.
- Fixed a bug where Chrysalis would interfere with the effects on Tarot's Bound By Fate and Pharaoh's Wall of Mummies
- Dynasty Prophet's split autoattack projectiles from Shared Fate now have the correct visual
- Debilitate split projectiles from Shared Fate now display the correct visual for Bone Prophet, Serpent Prophet and Dynasty Prophet
- Bone Prophet and Serpent Prophet's Persecution visuals fixed when the afflicted target is attacked at least once
- Rhapscallion's Staccato ring is now properly centered on herself when she moves
- Ioyn Stone no longer removes your own Post Haste charges