Welcome to Heroes of Newerth
Version 4.3.3 - 19 December 2017
= New Hero: Goldenveil =
- Goldenveil the Gilded Sellsword has fought in every corner of Newerth for countless banners, crowns, and causes -- none of which he cared about -- and the only constants he's witnessed are death and gold. These two are inextricably intertwined, and long ago Goldenveil slithered his way between them to offer his legendary, lethal skills to the highest bidder. He served as a scout and assassin for Lord Commander Maliken Grimm during the War of the Single Banner, silently dispatching enemy sentries and scoffing at any mention that he had sold his soul to the true enemy: mankind. When The Second Corruption tore Newerth asunder and gold temporarily lost all value -- survival was the only currency worth anything -- Goldenveil wisely used some of his blood money to sail beyond the known borders to fight for civilized customers.
But every new country, culture, and kingdom was eventually overcome by the relentless Hellbourne corruption, and when this sly mercenary ran out of new battlefields, he returned to the land, and profits, he knew best. The once-prosperous city of Hope's Keep was unrecognizable. It had been reduced to rubble and charred corpses within hours of The Second Corruption, but in the ensuing years the nightmare of Hell's Keep had grown to meet the demands of the Hellbourne war effort. The negotiation with Maliken Grimm was short and brutal, exactly how Goldenveil operates: Kill as many Legion soldiers as possible and collect the heads of Jeraziah and Ophelia. The reward will be a fortune, more than the coffers of Adkarna and Arasunia combined, and the Gilded Sellsword gets to keep every ounce of gold he takes from his victims along the way. Death and gold: inseparable, eternal, and Goldenveil collects them both.
Strength: 16 + 1.5
Agility: 19 + 1.8
Intelligence: 21 + 2.6 (Primary)
Base Damage: 51-54
Movement Speed: 290
Attack Range: 600
Armor:1.5 (8.26% damage reduction)
Magic Armor:6 (26.47% damage reduction)
* Radius: 300
* Mana Cost: 80/100/120/140
* Cooldown: 9/8/7/6 seconds
- Activate to whip your daggers at the closest enemy in radius every 0.25 seconds for 3 seconds, dealing 15/25/35/45 Magic Damage per whip. Total damage output of 180/300/420/540 over the duration.
* Range: 1000
* Mana Cost: 40 (first jump only, 0 on subsequent jumps)
* Cooldown: 2 seconds
- Target a tree to hop on top of it, gaining Clearvision of the surrounding area and becoming invisible to enemies, but immobilized.
- While Goldenveil is perched on a tree, he has 450 Attack Range. Goldenveil can reactivate this ability to jump to another tree, or cast the sub-ability Plunge.
- If Goldenveil is knocked down from a tree, he will be Stunned for 3 seconds.
* While perched, Goldenveil can unperch from the tree by issuing a Move command.
* Range: 800
* Radius: 250
* Mana Cost: 40/60/80/100
* Cooldown: 12 seconds
- Target a position to jump there after a short delay, dealing 80/140/200/260 Magic Damage and a 1.6/1.9/2.2/2.5 Second Stun to all enemies in the area.
- Places Perch on a 12/10/8/6 second cooldown.
- Passively regenerates 10/20/30/40 Health per second when you are not seen by enemies.
* Range: 900
* Mana Cost: 150/175/200
* Cooldown: 60/45/30 seconds
- Target an enemy to throw your golden dagger at them, applying a 60% Movement Speed Slow for 4 seconds and dealing 150/200/250 Magic Damage + 50/75/100 Magic Damage per token.
- If Goldenveil kills or assist in killing a hero, he receives 60/90/120 Gold per token and his team receives 20/30/40 Gold per token. Killing the entire enemy team will reset the tokens and grants each member of Goldenveil's team 100/200/300 Gold.
- Passively applies 3 golden tokens on enemy heroes when this ability is learned. Enemy heroes lose a token whenever Goldenveil kills or assists in killing them.
== Design ==
= Features =
Added a new option, Auto Select Summons
- Can be found in Options -> Interface -> Assistance.
- If enabled, controllable new units or illusions spawned under your control will be added to your current selection group.
* Enabled by default.
= Forests of Caldavar - Map Changes =
- Kongor has been relocated to a new home in a neutral position on the southeast side of the river.
- The southern ramps leading to mid lane have been adjusted to create a safer, harder to gank matchup in mid.
- The Hellbourne ancients have been repositioned to better reflect the Legion ancients.
- The Observatory has also found a new location with the shuffling of all its immediate neighbors.
= Heroes =
- Bounces reduced from 1/2/3/4 to 1.
- Stun duration on both chained targets increased from 1 to 1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.
- Attack Speed magnitude on the buff and debuff increased from 40 to 50.
- Emerald Red Attack Speed buff and debuff increased from 60 to 75.
- Base Strength Increased from 21 to 23.
- Strength gain per level increased from 3.0 to 3.5.
- Base Agility reduced from 19 to 15.
- Agility gain per level increased from 1.8 to 2.0.
- Base Movement Speed increased from 300 to 310.
- Range increased from 550 to 600.
- Mana Cost rescaled from 90/95/100/105 to 80/90/100/110.
- Damage rescaled from 45/80/115/150 to 40/80/120/160.
- Immobilie rescaled from 1.3/1.7/2.1/2.5 seconds to 1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds.
Mark For Death
- Moved to the Ability 2 (W) slot.
- Range increased from 800 to 1000.
- Mana Cost increased from 50 to 75.
- Now also refreshes Chain Spike if the unit affected by Mark of Death dies.
Furious Anger (Reworked)
- Passive: Every attack made by Berzerker increases his chance to Critically Strike the target for 1.2/1.4/1.6/1.8x by 8%. The Furious Anger State lasts 3 seconds.
* Cooldown: 100/60/20 seconds
* Mana Cost: 0
- Activate to gain 40/60/80% Stun, Debuff and Slow Resistance for 10 seconds.
- Base Strength reduced from 23 to 22.
- Agility gain per level increased from 2.6 to 3.0.
- Movement Speed reduced from 310 to 290.
- Cooldown reduced from 15 seconds to 15/13/11/9 seconds.
- Radius increased from 1500/3000/4500/6000 to Global.
- Health threshold for detection rescaled from 35% to 25/30/35/40%.
- SuperiorMagic Damage taken per distance unit travelled decreased from 35/55/75% to 30/45/60%.
+ New Staff of the Master
* Applies Hemorrhage in a 325 radius around the target.
- Agility gain per level increased from 2.6 to 2.8.
- Starting intelligence increased from 14 to 15.
- Movement Speed Slow reduced from 22/28/34/40% to 10/15/20/25%.
- No longer grants 20/40/60 Attack Damage.
- Cast time reduced from 700ms to 400ms.
* Cast action time remains unchanged.
- Magnetic Surge can now be auto-cast on your next autoattack by right-click toggling it.
* Does not affect your autoattack cooldown.
- Strength gain per level increased from 2.1 to 3.
- Intelligence gain per level increased from 1.9 to 3.
+ New Staff of the Master
* Increases cast range and leaves a hammer at the landing location. You can reactivate Hammer Throw within the next 3 seconds to teleport to the target and apply 1 autoattack to them.
- Movement Speed lowered from 300 to 290.
- Attack range lowered from 600 to 550.
- Base Strength increased from 18 to 20.
- Strength gain per level lowered from 1.8 to 1.6.
- Base Agility lowered from 16 to 15.
- Agility gain per level lowered from 1.8 to 1.5.
- Base Intelligence increased from 25 to 30.
- Intelligence gain lowered from 2.7 to 2.0.
* Cast Range: 1000
* Mana Cost: 0
* Cooldown: 16/14/12/10 seconds
- Activate to steal the first ability from the target hero.
* Your first (Q) ability turns into the target's first (Q) ability. Target gets to keep their ability.
- The stolen ability will last for a single cast or until you die and costs the same as it would for the enemy at that level. Level of the stolen ability is equivalent to the level of Thoughtsteal.
Telekinetic Control (Reworked)
* Range: 800
* Mana Cost: 60/80/100/120
* Cooldown: 3 seconds
- Activate to lift the 1/2/3/4 closest trees or creeps for up to 8 seconds. If not enough are present, pieces of ground are lifted instead. Lifted objects are invulnerable and will follow Kinesis at 450 speed during the effect.
- Activate again by targeting an enemy to throw all lifted objects at it, dealing 60 Magic Damage per object and applying a 20% Movement Speed Slow for 2 seconds.
- Objects must be within 1500 range to be thrown.
Stasis Smash (Reworked)
* Range: 600
* Radius: 400
* Mana Cost: 100/150/200
* Cooldown: 100/80/60 seconds.
Target enemy unit to place it in a stasis and lift non-hero units around it for up to 3/3.5/4 seconds. Target gains 50% Damage Reduction from sources other than Kinesis and is Stunned while in stasis. -
When stasis expires, the target takes 150/250/350 Magic Damage and an additional 20/30/40 bonus Magic Damage for every other unit lifted. Units lifted take the same damage. Other enemies in the area receive a 2 second 50% Movement Speed Slow if they are caught in the blast. -
Ability can be activated again to end the effect early. -
Creeps thrown with Telekinetic Control
at a target lifted with Stasis Smash will get caught and contribute to the effect as well. - Staff of the Master
Effect: Increases the radius to 600 and allows you to choose where the target lands. Cannot throw further than 1200 distance.
- Movement Speed bonus increased from 50% to Haste (max Movement Speed, cannot be slowed).
- No longer gives a Movement Speed bonus.
- Base Strength lowered from 25 to 20.
- Strength gain per level increased from 2.6 to 3.5.
- Base Agility lowered from 20 to 15.
- Agility gain per level lowered from 2.0 to 1.5.
- Base Intelligence increased 17 to 18.
- Base damage increased from 22-28 to 29-35.
* Starting damage increased from 47-53 to 49-55.
- Mana Cost lowered from 110/120/130/140 to 100/110/120/130.
Sword of the Damned
- Enchanted Flames
Magic Damage to self rescaled from 6/12/18/24 to 15.
- Life Essence
now also heals you for 3/6/9/12% of your Attack Damage per attack (in addition to the base 10/20/30/40 Heal).
* This bonus Heal based on Attack Damage is not propagated to Life Essence's modification to Sword Throw.
- Attack Speed bonus increased from 0.5/0.8/1.1/1.4 to 1/1.5/2/2.5 Attack Speed for every 1% of missing Health.
- Attack Speed bonus no longer has a limit (previously 100).
- Now also grants 0.1 Magic Armor per 1% of missing Health.
- Health loss effect changed: sets your Health to 75% of your Max Health if your current Health is higher than that value.
- No longer gains bonus Armor for the first 7 seconds of the effect.
- Attack Range in demon form increased from 550 to 600.
Master of Arms
- Physical Damage rescaled from 10/20/40/80 to 15/30/45/60.
+ New Staff of the Master
* Now gains the effects of both guns at once.
- Cooldown reduced from 100/80/60 seconds to 60 seconds all levels.
- Shield value increased from 200/300/400 to 200/400/600.
- Attack Speed on Cheetah while shield active increased from 40/80/120 to 50/100/150.
- Radius increased from 150 to 175.
- Magic Damage increased from 50/100/150 to 100/150/200.
- Base Agility increased from 19 to 20.
- Agility gain per level reduced from 3 to 2.8.
- Strength gain per level reduced from 2 to 1.8.
- Cooldown reduced from 15/13/11/9 seconds to 13/11/9/7 seconds.
- Cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 10 seconds.
Wan Jin Slam
- Cooldown reduced from 14/12/10/8 seconds to 13/11/9/7 seconds.
- Cooldown upon taking damage reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
- No longer loses Nimbus when damaged by creeps or neutrals.
- No longer reduces cooldown of other abilities.
- Agility gain per level reduced from 3.5 to 3.2.
- Damage reduction per bounce increased from 25% to 50% when attacking structures.
- Damage dealt to the initial target decreased from 120% to 100/105/110/115/120%.
- Physical Damage on subsequent targets hit reduced from 15/30/45/60/75% to 10/20/30/40/50%.
- Magic Damage based on Max Mana changed from 2/3/4/5% to 1/2/3/4%.
* The values were unintentionally changed previously from 2/3/4/5% to 4%, so this is being remedied correctly based on Oogie's performance since the change.
- Movement Speed Slow is now tapering.
- No longer grants affected units 5/10/15 Health Regeneration.
Strength gain per level from 2.7 to 3.0. Flick
- Range increased from 350 to 400.
- Movement Speed Slow rescaled from 20/30/40/50% to 40%.
Wall of Mummies
- Duration reduced from 4/5/6/7 to 3/4/5/6 seconds.
- No longer removes Mana from affected targets.
- Damage type changed from True to Magic.
- Cooldown increased from 100/90/80 seconds to 120/110/100 seconds.
- Damage against structures reduced by 25%.
- Cast type is properly changed from Physical to Magic.
+ New Staff of the Master
* Stacks reduced from 4 to 2.
* Attack Speed increased from 25/50/75 to 50/75/100.
* Kills reset the cooldown of Venomous Leap.
- Attack Damage bonnus increased from 6/12/18/24 to 10/20/30/40.
* Armor Penetration increased from 15/30/45/60 to 20/40/60/80.
Strength gain per level increased from 2.5 to 3. Storm Blades
- Attack Speed increased from 20/40/60/80 to 30/60/90/120.
- Number of bounces increased from 1/2/3/4 to 3/4/5/6 targets.
- Active component removed (i.e. will no longer grant 15/30/45/60 Attack Speed to Ravenor for 6 seconds).
- Charges gained per damage instance increased from 6 to 8.
- No longer gains a minimum amount of charges.
- Maximum charges rescaled from 125 to 80/120/160.
- Movement Speed per charge rescaled from 0.6/0.8/1 to 0.5/1/1.5.
- Superior Magic Damage per charge rescaled from 0.8/1.2/1.6 to 0.5/1/1.5.
- Intelligence gain reduced from 2.8 to 2.4.
- Strength bonus increased from 3/6/9/12 to 4/8/12/16.
- Movement Speed bonus increased from 10/20/30/40 to 25/30/35/40.
- Agility bonus increased from 3/6/9/12 to 4/8/12/16.
- Intelligence bonus increased from 3/6/9/12 to 4/8/12/16.
- Moved to the Ability 2 (W) slot.
- Toxin Wards no longer apply a 25 Movement Speed Slow.
- Moved to the Ability 3 (E) slot.
- Movement Speed slow increased from 1.25/2.5/3.75/5% to 3/6/9/12%.
- Health regeneration reduction lowered from 30/50/70/90% to 20/40/60/80%.
- Base Movement Speed increased from 305 to 310.
- Agility gain per level increased from 2.5 to 3.
- Radius reduced from 1200 to 900.
- Staff of the Master
changes only: Magic Damage reduced from 150/250/350 to 150/200/250 Magic Damage per strike.
Agility gain per level increased from 2.2 to 3.2. -
Base Movement Speed 310 to 290. Dark Swarm
- Damage Reduction from enemies outside the swarm increased from 40% to 60%.
- Terror Mounds no longer grant 50% Mana Regeneration.
- Cooldown is reduced from 40 seconds to 10 seconds if you use Terror Port to teleport to the Terror Mound in your Ally Well.
Base Strength reduced from 25 to 23. Piercing Shards
- Cast range increased from 1300 to 1500.
- Mana Cost decreased from 120 to 100/105/110/115.
- Mixed Damage reduced from 180/250/320/390 to 170/230/290/350.
- Moved to the Ability 2 slot (W).
Call of Winter
- Reworked and moved to the Ability 3 slot (E).
- Passively summons Shiver the flying scout to follow you around at 300/325/350/375 Speed and scout for you, providing 800/1000/1200/1400 Clearvision.
- Shiver is also invisible to enemies unless they come within 600 range and dies in 1 hit.
- When Shiver dies the ability goes on a 60/50/40/30 second cooldown.
- Shiver gives enemies 15 gold and experience when killed, and can no longer see enemy units affected by Veiled Rot.
- The ability can be activated to send Shiver to the target location or go back to following you around if used on self.
* This has global cast range and no cast time.
- Shiver will automatically teleport back to you when he's in follower mode and more than 3000 range away.
- Magic Damage on main target reduced from 200/250/300 to 150/225/300.
- Knockback Magic Damage increased from 100/200/300 to 150/225/300.