Welcome to Heroes of Newerth
Version 4.4.0 - 14 March 2018
== New User Interface (UI) ==
+ The game client has received a complete overhaul of the User Interface! Below is a summary of some features that were added or changed:
- The Mouse Cursor has been revamped and allows for more precise targeting.
- Your user profile can be seen at all times in the main lobby, along with MVP reward badges, number of matches played, and number of avatars owned.
- The top bar has been revised to be more modern and concise.
- Clicking on "Play Now" opens a mode selection screen with different panels to avoid confusion.
- After selecting a mode, loading screen art is displayed while game resources are being loaded.
= Hero Pick Screen =
- The Hero Pick screen has also received a major revamp, and now displays larger hero icons for better visual clarity.
- Hero picking logistics have been changed:
* Left-clicking on a hero will shadowpick the hero.
* Right-clicking on a hero will display that hero's available avatars.
* Left-clicking on the Select button after left-clicking on a hero will actually select that hero.
= Player Profile =
- The Player Profile has also received a major revamp! Left-clicking on your Account Icon will open your detailed Player Profile.
- The Player Profile has 5 detailed tabs: Overview, Mastery, MVP Awards, Statistics, Match History.
- Switching to a subaccount is now done in the Overview tab of the Player Profile.
= Most Valuable Player (MVP) System & Post-Game UI =
- The Most Valuable Player (MVP) System bridges the gap between player performance and rewards, allowing players to feel accomplished regardless of whether they win or lose. At the end of a game, players will earn Awards based on their performance in certain areas relative to the rest of their team.
- When a game ends, each player will be able to vote for the MVP of the game. A minimum of 3 votes is required for a player to be nominated MVP.
- Players also receive performance-based rewards if they meet the minimum requirements for particular criteria and have the highest performance for that criteria out of all players in that game.
- An improved Post-Game screen is now displayed for players, detailing the rewards and progression they get for playing.
= Future Plans for the UI =
- The new User Interface will be continually polished over the course of time, as there are always areas that could be improved or revamped.
== Champions of Newerth (Season 6) ==
+ Changes to Matchmaking for Champions of Newerth for Season 6:
- Players who use a Stat Reset will now be recalibrated to a more proper initial rank.
- Recalibrated the Rank Progress impacts (for wins and losses) for Placement Matches.
- End of Season rewards will now be granted not only based on your rank, but also by how many games you have won throughout the Season.
* Players will need to win enough matches at their highest rank to receive certain Season rewards. Simply just reaching the rank won't be enough!
== Design ==
= Forests of Caldavar Map =
- Neutral Creeps: the Easy Camp position has now been swapped with the lane pull's Medium Camp position (for both the Legion and Hellbourne jungle).
- Markings have been added to the ground to indicate where each Rune will spawn.
= General =
- Melee Hero Attack Range increased from 128 to 150.
- Being near an allied hero will no longer increase the Experience obtained from nearby enemy Lane Creeps that die.
* Was previously granting +50% Experience in that condition, effectively causing dual lanes to reach level 6 about 3 minutes faster than if this bonus Experience mechanic was not active.
- Gold per minute received passively reduced from 100 to 69.
- Tier 1 Tower Health increased from 1500 to 1800.
- Armor for Tier 1, 2 and 3 Towers increased from 18 to 22.
- Base Attack Damage increased from 190-199 to 200.
- Now deals 2x damage to enemy heroes.
- No longer gives a Movement Speed boost.
* Will still occur in Casual Mode.
= Reworks =
* Range: 1200
* Radius: 100
* Mana cost: 10
* Cooldown: 0 seconds.
- Target a direction to channel, firing a barrage of rockets over the duration hitting the first enemy they touch.
- Consumes 4 mana per rocket fired. Each rocket deals [12 + 7/14/21/28% of your Attack Damage] in Physical Damage in a 200 radius on impact, plus a bonus 1% Damage Multiplier for each rocket fired after the first in a given channel instance.
- Deals half the damage to non-hero units.
- Each charge grants 1 rocket, with a max of 20 charges. Charges are refreshed every 0.5s, even while channeling.
- Activate mid-channel to Turn toward your cursor while firing your LRM.
* Range: 1200
* Radius: 400
* Mana cost: 65
* Cooldown: 20/18/16/14 seconds.
- Target an area to lob a mortar which impacts after a 1.5 second delay.
- Targets in radius take 100/140/180/220 Magic Damage and have a 15% Movement Speed Slow applied to them for 4 seconds.
- Can be activated while channelling.
- Passively grants your abilities 200/400/600/800 extra Cast Range and causes them to apply a 15% Movement Speed Slow to enemies hit for 3 seconds.
* Range: 1200
* Mana cost: 125/150/175
* Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds.
- Target an enemy to launch a Homing Missile. The missile starts out slow but rapidly accelerates towards the target.
- On Impact, deals 200/250/300 Magic Damage and Stuns for up to 4 seconds in a 225/250/275 radius around the target.
- Stun duration starts at 1 second and increases by 0.1 seconds for every 100 units the missile has travelled.
- Strength: 22 + 2.5
- Agility: 15 + 1.3
- Intelligence: 27 + 2.8
- Starting Armor increased from 3 to 6.
- Base Damage rescaled from 47-62 to 52-60.
* Radius: 350
* Mana Cost: 80
* Cooldown: 10/8/6/4 seconds
- Upon use, deals 20/40/60/80 Magic Damage to nearby enemies, stealing 4 Strength from nearby enemy heroes for 30 seconds. This effect stacks.
- Non-hero enemies take 60/120/180/240 Magic Damage instead.
* Range: 1000
* Mana Cost: 75/90/105/120
* Cooldown: 30/26/22/18 seconds
- Target an enemy hero or structure to gain Max Movement Speed and charge towards your target. All nearby ally units and units under your control do the same.
- Also summons 2/3/4/5 Undead upon use to help you for the duration. Undead have 30 Attack Damage with a 1.6 second attack cooldown.
- All units gain 20/40/60/80 Attack Speed and are forced to attack the target for 6 seconds.
- Deals 150% damage to structures and 50% damage to other units
- If the target moves beyond 1100 units the effect is cancelled.
Soul Syphon (Reworked)
* Radius: 900
- Passively regains 1/1.5/2/2.5% of Max Health for every creep and 4/6/8/10% of Max Health for every hero that dies nearby.
* Radius: 1500
* Mana Cost: 250
* Cooldown: 160/120/80 seconds
- Upon use, revives all nearby ally units after a 3 second channel. Heroes resurrect with up to 100% Health and Mana, divided among the number of heroes resurrected. Non-hero units resurrect with 50% Health under Deadlift's control for 10 seconds.
- Passively leaves a gravestone when an ally hero dies. Allies revived will neither leave a Gravestone nor lose gold from dying for 30 seconds.
- Staff of the Master effect: Upon death, automatically triggers the ability after a 3 second delay if it is off cooldown, reviving yourself in the process as well with 100% Health and Mana. If it is on cooldown, Deadlift leaves behind his own Gravestone and revives after a 3 second delay. Own Gravestone dies in 3 hits.
= Heroes =
The following heroes are now currently unavailable in Tournament Rules:
- Artillery - Deadlift
- Strength gain per level increased from 1.5 to 2.0.
- Agility gain per level increased from 2.0 to 2.5.
- The secondary (bounce-back) projectile will now land at most 350 range away from Adrenaline under normal circumstances.
- The secondary projectile will at most travel 1200 distance away from the target.
* This is relevant when Adrenaline teleports away before the projectile hits.
- Strength gain per level increased from to 2.2 to 2.5.
- Added a new Staff of the Master effect: Increases chain duration from 5 to 10 seconds and slow from 40% tapering to a 50% static Movement Speed Slow. Second activation now executes the target if it falls below 20% of health.
- Range reduced from Global to 1500/3000/4500/Global.
- Chronos now has 1000 Movement Speed while inside the Chronosphere.
* This breaks the maximum movement speed barrier and is in addition to other existing effects.
- While Unholy Expulsion is active, when Defiler takes 140 Post-Mitigation Damage, she loses a spirit and heals for 30% of that value over 6 seconds.
- Base Intelligence reduced from 24 to 22.
- Intelligence gain per level lowered from 3 to 2.5.
- Now deals 6/9/12 Magic Damage per 100 units traveled in a 200 unit line, up to 120/180/240 Magic Damage. Deals half damage to creeps.
- No longer passively grants Intelligence to Doctor Repulsor.
- Attack action time (i.e. the "windup time" before an attack) is now set to 0 while Ludicrous Speed is active.
- Attack cooldown is also reset when Ludicrous Speed is cast.
* This ensures that Doctor Repulsor can launch an autoattack when he uses Ludicrous Speed.
- Turn rate is now set to 9000 while Ludicrous Speed is active.
3 Point Strike
- True Damage increased from 250/300/350 to 300/350/400.
- Stun duration increased from 1/1.2/1.4 seconds to 1/1.5/2 seconds.
- Mana cost reduced from 70/80/90/100 to 50.
- Magic Damage increased from [0/25/50/75 + 100% of your Attack Damage] to [60 + 100/110/120/130% of your Attack Damage].
- Mana cost reduced from 80/100/120/140 to 80.
- Number of wolves spawned reduced from 2 to 1.
- Now deals 2x damage to non-hero units.
- Cast Range increased from 750 to 800.
- Mana cost reduced from 100 to 75.
- Cooldown reduced from 22 to 15 seconds.
- Magic Damage reduced from 100/175/250/325 to 80/160/240/320.
- Added a new Staff of the Master effect: Grants the ability 900 Cast Range and brings Engineer to the destination. Plants 4 Spider Mines on arrival which last for 10 seconds.
* These Spider Mines have the same level as your Spider Mines ability and do not count towards the mine limit.
- Staff of the Master effect: Now also grants the ability 800 cast range in addition to the other Staff of the Master bonuses.
- Added a new Staff of the Master effect: Active effect now also affects enemies within 400 range of the target.
- Initial targeting radius increased from 225 to 400.
- Base Strength increased from 23 to 25.
- Strength gain per level increased from 2.7 to 3.0.
- Base Agility lowered from 21 to 20.
- Base Intelligence increased from 14 to 15.
- Intelligence gain per level lowered from 1.6 to 1.5.
- Base Movement Speed lowered from 300 to 290.
- Base Attack Damage increased 54-56 to 64-66.
- Base Armor increased from 1.94 to 5.5.
- Cooldown reduced from 14 to 13 seconds.
* Radius: 600
* Mana Cost: 25
* Cooldown: 18/16/14/12 seconds
- Passively grants 4/8/12/16 Armor.
- Activate to grant 15% Movement Speed to you and nearby allies for 5 seconds.
- Radius increased from 300 to 450.
- Splash is now centred around the target.
- Splash amount decreased from 25/50/75/100% to 30/40/50/60%.
- Duration increased from 25 to 30 seconds.
- Bonus Base Damage decreased from 100/125/150% to 50/100/150%.
- Starting Armor increased from 2.8 to 4.0.
- Now deals 25% bonus damage to non-hero units.
- Added a new Staff of the Master effect: Flight becomes passive and permanent.
- Added a new Staff of the Master effect: Increases Magic Damage by 20.
- Mana cost lowered from 100/150/200 to 100.
Master of the Mantra
- Bonus Magic Armor increased from 3/6/9/12 to 4/8/12/16.
Master of Arms
Attack Speed bonus increased from 0/100/150/200/250 to 0/100/175/250/325.
- Base Intelligence increased from 24 to 30.
- Cooldown reduced from 10 to 8 seconds.
- Bonus Agility increased from 0/6/12 to 3/9/15.
- Attack Damage multiplier reduced from 100/105/110/115/120% to 100% at all levels.
- Cooldown reduced from 100 to 80 seconds.
- Impact delay reduced from 3 to 2 seconds.
- No longer stuns enemies that have been pulled. Instead, now applies an 80% Movement Speed Slow to them for 3 seconds.
- While slowed by this effect, enemies deal 25/50/75% less damage to Prisoner.
- Improved Staff of the Master visuals.
- Intelligence gain per level decreased from 2.8 to 2.5.
- Duration decreased from 5/7/9 to 4/6/8 seconds.
- Base Movement Speed increased from 295 to 310.
- Bonus Attack Damage rescaled from 10/20/30/40 to 30.
Wish for Wealth
- Gold bonus per kill lowered from 6/12/18/24 to 5/10/15/20.
Wish for Revenge
- Staff of the Master change only: cooldown increased from 30 seconds to 40 seconds.
- Bonus Attack Speed increased from 15/25/35/45 to 15/30/45/60.
- Movement Speed Slow increased from 10% to 15%.
- Strength gain per level increased from 2.2 to 2.5.
- Agility gain per level increased from 2.2 to 2.5.
- Intelligence gain per level increased from 2.2 to 2.5.
- Solar Slash
's bonus damage multiplier against creeps increased from 100% to 150%.
Luck of the Draw
- Critical Strike damage multiplier reduced from 2/3.5/5x to 2/3.25/4.5x.
- Elemental Movement Speed increased from 250/250/260/260 to 260/280/300/320.
- Elemental Attack Range increased from 450 to 500.
duration increased from 1.5/2/2.5 to 3/4/5 seconds.
* This includes both the secondary ability and the Boris ability.
- Now performs a proper attack on impact, instead of just dealing your Attack Damage.
Call of Winter
- Radius in which enemies see Shiver reduced from 600 to 400.
= Items =
Bloodborne Maul (Reworked)
- When damaged, gains 1 charge for every 10 Health lost, up to a max of 250 charges.
- Each charge grants 1 bonus True Damage to your attacks against non-structure enemies.
- Loses 10 charges per second after 4 seconds of not taking any Damage.
- Effects of this item do not stack and propagate to illusions for 33% power.
Orb of Zamos
- Gold given to the synchronized partner decreased from 15 to 10.
- Now properly disabled in Tournament Rules.
- Can no longer apply Stormspirit to a unit who has already been under its effects within the last 3 seconds (after landing).
== Matchmaking Maps & Modes ==
Champions of Newerth (CoN)
- Map: Forests of Caldavar
- Mode: Counter Pick
Forests of Caldavar
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Hero Ban
- All Random
- Blind Ban
== New Content ==
New Blood Hunter Avatar: Hannya Blood Hunter
- The Widows of the Succubus are a miserable lot. They mourn the deaths of their husbands, lured to a passionate and agonizing death by the terrible seductress, and they mourn their marriage vows, apparently so tenuous that their spouses would rather risk death than defy the embrace of a daemon. Their simmering jealously was brought to the surface when the widows gathered to support each other, and rather than wail piteously and rage at the injustice of it all, they formed a plan. After some careful questions in the right back-alley alchemy shops, they journeyed to the Sang-La Mountains and found the withered old woman who knew how to summon the Hannya. A physical manifestation of the misery and jealousy of the Widows of the Succubus, the Hannya is the perfect weapon against that wretched temptress. He cannot be seduced, for he has no desire except to destroy those who foment jealousy.
When the Hannya was given the Succubus as his target, he rejoiced, for eliminating that daemon would lift an eternal, looming cloud of the toxic emotion from Newerth. Let the Succubus' final feeling be of overwhelming, crushing jealousy as she witnesses the true power of the Hannya!
New Glacius Avatar: Keybreaker
New Hammerstorm Avatar: Locksmasher
- Born to parents of the highest status within the cult of the Corrupted Disciples, the Latchkey sisters spent their childhood traveling across Newerth seeking powerful relics that had to be hidden from the Sacred Order of Arasunia, yet made readily accessible for when the proper time arrived. Ever cunning, their parents secreted the relics within everyday items and cast spells to make them invisible until the sorcery was unlocked. To their eldest daughter they gave the power of the lock; to the youngest went the power of the key, and the relic could not be released unless both sisters were present to serve their roles.
But when the proper time actually arrived, now known as the Second Corruption, the young Latchkey sister was appalled to see the relics they had protected being used as weapons, unleashed upon the innocent to cause devastation, slaughter, and heartbreak. Her older sister found this carnage amusing, even thrilling! The suffering and cursing of Sol's name was everything they and their parents had hoped for. She was so mesmerized by the delightful anguish she didn't notice her younger sister trying to use her powers to smash one of the magical locks until it was too late -- the little brat actually destroyed the lock and gave the relic to one of the foul Martyrs! So began the ongoing struggle between the sisters -- one trying to help the Legion and make up for the evil her parents carried out, one trying to bring victory to the Hellbourne and honor the vision her parents had for Newerth. Whenever they meet at the site of a prized relic, the sibling rivalry is epic!
== Bug Fixes & Optimizations ==
= Heroes =
- Debuff reduction effects will no longer completely nullify the application of the Damage over Time state.
- Hammer Leap
, boosted by Staff of the Master
) no longer teleports Hammerstorm to the bottom-left corner of the map if Moira
uses Arcane Vortex
and Hammerstorm activates the leap subability after the initial 3 second timeframe.
- Inherent Defense
's tooltip has been updated to clarify that the shield is generated through non-DoT Damage (instead of Spell Damage).
- Mephisto Myrmidon
's Weed Field
now properly displays its textures.
- Chuck Pebbles
projectile will no longer be slightly delayed if an ally Grace Nymphora
is on your team.
- Wall of Mummies no longer interrupts channeling if it pulls allies into the wall.
* Still interrupts channeling if it pulls enemies into the wall.
- Tooltip reworded from "Physical and Magic Damage Immunity" to "100% Physical and Magic Damage Reduction" for clarification purposes.
- Withering Presence
's tooltips have been clarified to mention Health Loss instead of Damage.
's tooltips have been clarified to mention Health Loss instead of Damage.
Certain effects (e.g. Kelp Field
) now display properly on the Voodoo Raptor
= Items =
- Plated Greaves
, Sacrificial Stone
, and Shield of the Five
no longer apply their overhead visuals to the invulnerable Well structures.