Welcome to Heroes of Newerth
Version 4.4.2 - 10 April 2018
== Design ==
= Forests of Caldavar =
- Legion side's east-most neutral camps have been rearranged so that the level of difficulty to double-stack these camps is more comparable to the Hellbourne's west-most neutral camps.
= Heroes =
- Mana Cost reduced from 45% to 40% of his Max Mana Pool.
- Strength gain per level decreased from 3.4 to 3.0.
- Base Intelligence decreased from 27 to 25.
- Percentage of Strength dealt as damage to the enemy & taken by Deadwood increased from 40% to 45%.
- Strength gain per level from 3.3 to 3.5.
- Attack Range increased from 350 to 400.
- Base Armor lowered from 3.5 to 2.5.
- Cooldown increased from 12/10/8/6 seconds to 12/11/10/9 seconds after he uses Plunge.
- Aura radius increased from 600 to 900.
- Base Attack Time (BAT) increased from 1.5 to 1.7.
- Magic Damage decreased from 100/180/260/340 to 80/160/240/320.
The ol' Ball and Chain
- Mana Cost reduced from 140 to 110/120/130/140.
- Mana Cost reduced from 85/90/95/100 to 45/50/55/60.
One Man Riot
- Base Damage bonus per visible enemy hero increased from 10% to 15%.
- Check radius increased from 500 to 700.
- No longer Stuns the target for 1/1.2/1.4/1.6 seconds.
- Instead, now applies an 80% Movement Speed Slow to the target for 1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds.
- No longer pushes the target away.
- No longer destroys trees.
- Physical Damage increased from 50/75/100/125 to 60/85/110/135.
- Bonus Attack Damage reduced from 20/30/40% to 10/20/30% of Riptide's Agility.
- Mana Cost reduced from 70/80/90/100 to 50/60/70/80.
- Allies can now enter the shell from up to 250 units away.
- Can now click on an icon that pops up on the right side of your screen to order your hero to enter the shell.
- Magic Damage increased from 60/120/180/240 to 70/140/210/280.
- Duration reduced from 4/5/6/7 to 5 seconds.
- Mana Cost reduced from 130/140/150/160 to 130.
Way of the Sword
- Critical Strike proc chance reduced from 20/25/30/35% to 15/20/25/30%.
Bound by Fate
- Stun duration reduced from 2 seconds to 1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds.
* Previously, the stun duration was mistakenly displayed as 2.25 seconds on the detailed tooltip, when in reality it was actually stunning for 2 seconds.
- Cooldown decreased from 12 seconds to 6 seconds.
Javelin of Light
- Cooldown increased from 15 seconds to 16 seconds.
- Staff of the Master no longer decreases the cooldown of this skill to 10 seconds.
* The cooldown was unintentionally decreased from 20 seconds to 15 seconds in the patch where the Staff of the Master effect was introduced.
- Range reduced from 700 to 600.
- Stun duration on the initial hit for hero units reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1.2 seconds.
- No longer affects targets in an area (i.e. only affects the main target now).
- Magic Damage and Heal values increased from 10/20/30/40 to 15/25/35/45 per second.
== Matchmaking Maps & Modes ==
Champions of Newerth (CoN)
- Map: Forests of Caldavar
- Mode: Counter Pick
Forests of Caldavar (SEA Client only)
- All Pick
- Single Draft
- Balanced Random
- Hero Ban
- All Random
- Blind Ban
== New Content ==
= Songkran =
New Goldenveil Songkran
Avatar: Songkran Goldenveil - When it comes to bringing the most powerful water arsenal to the Songkran festival, most partygoers opt for bigger water cannons, heavier buckets, and longer hoses. But they're missing the most obvious solution: more arms. Not armaments -- literally arms. Songkran Goldenveil can toss twice as many water balloons and dump four buckets of water for every deuce from a mere two-handed reveler, and her Songkran poncho doesn't just provide shelter from the soakings -- it also creates the perfect party camouflage, enabling her to perform a flawless perch & plunge into the soaking fray! New Lord Salforis Songkran
Avatar: Songkran Salforis - Songkran Salforis takes his water festival activities very seriously, packing a full arsenal of water weapons and floaties and adding new ink to his gorgeous water-themed tattoos before each New Year. The tradition he truly embraces is the honoring of his ancestors, and while some carry this out by offering sand to temples for repair or releasing animals as a requiem, Songkran Salforis takes it one step further -- he actually summons his deceased ancestors to join the celebration and help him drench the entire festival in cleansing waters. Everybody expects to get soaked at Songkran, but nobody expects to get soaked by a bunch of flying skulls and a creepy dead lady. Happy New Year! New Pharaoh Songkran
Avatar: Songkran Pharaoh - Songkran is a festival of unity, merit-making, and the cleansing of sins and bad luck, but some unsavory characters use it as an excuse to add more sins and uncleanliness to their souls. When these types show up at a party, it's Songkran Pharaoh's honor to bounce them right back out with the help of his Songkran Security Team. His paddleboarder disguise allows him to blend in perfectly with the revelers, and the paddle makes an excellent gentle -- or not -- escort for those who don't want to leave the party willingly. If he ever feels outnumbered or in danger of a party slipping out of hand, one call to his Security Team creates a ring of cohorts ready to completely cleanse any gathering of buzzkills and troublemakers. New Sir Benzington Songkran
Avatar: Songkran Benzi - Traffic is INSANE during the Songkran festival, and Songkran Benzi knows the only way to get to all of the best parties scattered across Newerth is to hop on his trusty Beavrel Bike and dash through the crowded streets. Of course, there's no reason not to soak everyone and everything between parties, so he's always ready with his splash lance and sidearm squirt gun, and when he encounters a target-rich environment that is just too tempting to pass up, he launches into an epic jump and cannonball splashes everyone in the vicinity. Yeah, it totally trashes his bike, but it's so worth it.
= F.L.E.X. =
+ The F.L.E.X. soldiers are the most advanced -- and experimental -- weapons developed by the Legion's war machine yet. Created by a top-secret program buried so deeply in the Corps of Engineers that not even Tork knew about it, they are bionic, armored suits powered by artificial intelligence that only utilize the best traits of the heroes upon which they are based and ignore such things as doubt and fear. While each F.L.E.X. soldier has complete agency over how they perform their duties, they are all programmed to follow a specific sequence of orders once the enemy is involved: Find > Lock-on > Engage > eXterminate. It is a lethal form of evolved intelligence that always creates a predictable outcome: when a F.L.E.X. soldier targets an enemy, one of them is going to die.
New F.L.E.X. Flint Beastwood
Avatar: F.L.E.X. Flint - The Legion Corps of Engineers was initially baffled by the AI data they harvested from Flint Beastwood. (The data was sold to them by an entrepreneurial Merrick employee, who scanned and downloaded the information while Flint was passed out after a drinking contest with Balphagore.) The data showed no sign of doubt, fear, guilt, shame, or humility -- all of the things the F.L.E.X. soldiers are programmed to ignore -- which led the Engineers to believe they had an incomplete data set, but it turned out they had it all; Flint just doesn't possess any of those silly traits to begin with. This has made F.L.E.X. Flint the most efficient killer of the group, freeing up all of her processing power for locating and eliminating her targets, and she even has some left over for a bit of AI-fueled swagger. New F.L.E.X. Bushwack
Avatar: F.L.E.X. Bushwack - F.L.E.X. Bushwack not only has a fatal set of combat skills, she also has a highly refined sense of irony. It was Bushwack's forbidden tampering with technology that got him exiled from his Rulian Marsh tribe and drove him into the clutches of the Electrician and Dr. Repulsor, and it will be the next level of technology that exterminates each and every one of them. Her AI has been programmed to focus on those three targets in order to cripple the Hellbourne's research and development capabilities. If she succeeds, she will be the ultimate force multiplier due to all of the Legion lives spared from the devastating technology of those madmen.
== Bug Fixes & Optimizations ==
= User Interface (UI) =
- When you are in-game and bring up the Main Lobby screen via F6/F10, commands for your in-game character will no longer be executed through the transparent overlay.
- Notification sounds will now play when someone sends an Instant Message (IM) to you, or when you get invited to a group.
- "Remove All Notifications" button now properly clears notifications (instead of just 4-5 of them).
* Note that some System Messages are still not removable due to those messages having a different notification type in the legacy UI, and the merging process meant that the button does not clear this type of notification yet. This will be fixed in a future patch.
- Players can now properly random from their list of Favourite Heroes on the Hero Pick Screen.
- The bonuses that accumulate towards Silver Coin will no longer have their progress bars overflowing past their boundaries.
- Players can now properly claim their rewards from Hero Mastery.
- The Match Stats screen now has a search box to search for other Match IDs without leaving the same screen.
- The "Esc" key can be used to exit certain UI elements, or act as a "Back" button.
- Region Selection preferences no longer resets after every game.
- System Message Notification settings have been updated to only include the following (for the ones that you can select to have them display In-Game/Out of Game/In History):
* Friend Request
* IM Received
- Other System Message Notification settings have had their default setting to only be displayed Out of Game & In History.
* These changes reduce the overall amount of clutter from System Message notifications.
- URSA Silver Coin Multiplier is now mentioned properly when its effects are applied.
= General =
- Some skills with strings that are too long for the Hero Pick Screen have been shortened.
* This means that unfortunately, some details in the Simple Tooltips had to be removed.
- Strings for abilities currently boosted by Staff of the Master will no longer redundantly say they have been boosted by Staff of the Master.
* Instead, the fact that they are boosted will be indicated by the ability name and the green tooltips in the ability description.
Forests of Caldavar
- The trees above the Legion pull camp can now be cut at melee range with proper pathing.
- A spot on the right edge of the map below Hellbourne's bottom lane entrance has been fixed so that units no longer get stuck if you cut trees there and attempt to walk there.
- The Hellbourne Tier 3 Middle Tower no longer has a visible black square underneath it.
= Heroes =
- Thai Xia Hou Dun Berzerker's Mark for Death icon is now the correct one for this avatar.
- Tumbler Lodestone no longer plays loud sounds when dying with certain states active on him while other sounds are simultaneously playing (e.g. Wolftime Taunt & Double Damage rune).
- Blind Prophet's set bonus effects will now display the sun fixture visuals floating above his head (rather than floating in front of his face).
- Increased Swiftblade's model transparency while Swift Slashes is active.
* Allows players to more clearly know when Swiftblade is invulnerable or not.
The Dark Lady
- Ascension Dark Lady's Dark Blades now display the correct textures.