Welcome to Heroes of Newerth
Version 4.4.6 - 05 June 2018
== Public Beta Test (PBT) ==
- All heroes from the regular modes are now available in the PBT Hero Pool.
(due to the potential of undesirable bugs being produced with her ultimate).
== Design ==
= Feature Additions =
- Ally illusions now have a green tint on the minimap, and their unit circles are 50% smaller on the minimap.
- Holding the "Alt" button down now displays the neutral creep respawn zones.
= Hero Reworks (Regular Modes) =
King Klout (Reworked)
- No longer takes a target to activate. Now automatically throws a goblin towards the closest visible enemy within 600 range, prioritising heroes.
* Cannot be activated if no valid targets are within range.
- Max number of charges (goblins) reduced from 7 to 1/2/3/4.
- Goblins are no longer upgradeable.
* No more green/red goblins, they all remain blue.
- Goblins deal 70/90/110/130 Magic Damage and apply a 10/15/20/25% Movement Speed Slow for 2 seconds when thrown.
- Projectile speed decreased from 1000 to 700.
- Charge refresh time decreased from 8 to 5 seconds.
Parade of Power
* Cast Range: 1200
* Radius: 450
* Mana Cost: 100/150/200
* Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds
Upon use, rushes to the target location at 800 speed and explodes the area, dealing 360/520/680 Magic Damage to enemies within range and applying 4 stacks of Conscription
to each enemy if you have it leveled.
= Heroes (Regular Modes) =
A Thousand Cuts
- Magic Damage per second changed from 40 to 30/50/70/90.
- Mana Cost per second reduced from 15 to 5.
- Cooldown increased from 30 seconds to 60/55/50/45 seconds.
- Mana Cost increased from 60 to 80.
- Magic Damage per second reduced from [4/8/12/16 + 30% of Attack Damage] to [4/8/12/16 + 25% of Attack Damage].
Base Strength reduced from 25 to 22. -
Base Armor reduced from 5.5 to 3.5. Hammer Throw
- Staff of the Master effect only: Fixed the ability to go on cooldown the moment the hammer is thrown (i.e. not when Hammerstorm teleports to the target).
== Matchmaking Maps & Modes ==
Champions of Newerth (CoN)
- Map: Forests of Caldavar
- Mode: Counter Pick
- Hero Ban
- All Random
Public Beta Test (PBT)
- Ranked Pick
== New Content ==
= The Four Symbols =
+ The Four Symbols were thought to be mythological creatures who dwelled among the constellations, but as the future of Newerth teeters on the brink of disaster, these honorable beings reveal themselves to be not only real, but also incredibly powerful. New Four Symbols Bubbles
Avatar: Black Tortoise - The frozen climate of the North may be endless and unwelcoming to some, but the lovely Black Tortoise of the North adores it. The time spent indoors allows her to gather much wisdom and spend countless hours studying the gorgeous, powerful crystals she finds buried beneath the snow with the help of her snake companion. The two of them make a formidable pair in battle, with the Tortoise providing a very somber, studied approach to any who threaten her people or seek to steal her gems, while the snake prefers to be much more of a...well...snake. New Four Symbols Prophet
Avatar: Vermilion Bird - The Vermilion Bird of the South embodies the full beauty of peak summer, when the scorching heat and dry conditions offer ample opportunities for a good cleansing fire to sweep through and rid the land of undesirable inhabitants. Now that she has set foot upon Newerth, this includes the corrupted Hellbourne, who cannot help but admire the elegance of the Vermilion Bird and her graceful flames, even as they are engulfed by them.
= General =
New Plague Rider
Avatar: Plume Rider - The Plume Riders of Fuathmoor bring a dazzling display of color and flair to an otherwise dreary landscape of fog, bogs and hummocks. The village children and offspring of the Poison-Plumed Harriers are paired at a young age to foster trust and an uncanny, unspoken communication that allows them to fly in perfect, graceful harmony. Originally used only for ceremonies to honor warriors heading off to battle and welcome back the lucky survivors, they were forced to evolve into warriors themselves when the Hellbourne rose and no survivors returned from the slaughter. Now, the riders and harriers use both spear and poison feathers to drive the corrupted out of their land, and they sing of the day when they can be part of the ceremony celebrating the end of this terrible war.
== Bug Fixes & Optimizations ==
= General =
- The Exit icon on the login page is now more distinguishable from the background.
- Heroes that become unselectable (e.g. Fayde's Shadow Walk ability in PBT) will no longer be de-selected if you're the owner of that hero and have multiple units selected in a group that includes that specific hero.
= Heroes =
- Fixed the Geojuice avatar to have correct sight range while burrowed.
- Hammer Throw
's projectile is now properly blocked by Moraxus
' Arcane Shield
is now considered a StatusDisable to allow its residual Silenced/Perplexed debilitating effects to be properly removed by Berzerker
- Preda Tori avatar's attack animation is now properly synchronized with the actual attack impact time.
- Prison Break Staff of the Master
effect now applies the correct level of Shackled
to the target.
now has proper cast mechanics (as opposed to having the non-interrupting & inherit-movement cast mechanics).
's auxiliary (non-damaging) effects are now properly set to Superior Magic.
= Items =
Tablet of Command
- Now properly allows out of range casts if targeting a position.