[V3.4.2] Patch Notes
- Published on Tuesday, 06 May 2014 16:53
Game Service will be unavailable during this time. Players are advised to logout before this time.
*Downtime may be extended without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.*
| New Avatar:
Effigy Puppet Master
| New Avatar:
Partisan Witch Slayer
== General ==
- HoNiversary is coming up, join us in celebration!
* Added Birthday Runes
* Kongor has changed outfits... again!
* Lane Creeps have donned party hats and shoot confetti
* Merrick has dressed up for the occasion
- Rift Wars comeback mechanic now stops when teams are equal in experience
- Rift Wars map has been updated with cleaner art and textures*
- Rift Wars Gold tick increased from 2 per second to 4 per second
- MidWars has been... changed. The Snotter Boss has arrived to take revenge on Newerth!
== New Content ==
- New Ultimate Empath Avatar: Gaia Empath (Newerth Day)
* Gaia is the mother of Newerth; the ethereal, intangible spirit of the world made flesh, and a manifestation of the planet itself. She has seen the history of all people and places; reveled in its victories; and suffered with its strife. She has lived through wars and the initial Fall of Man which brought about the realm of Newerth, regrowing that which was lost to blight and carelessness. With the opening of The Scar releasing an onslaught of demons whose only purpose is to gouge and injure their birthplace, Gaia must emerge to save them from themselves through pitiful destruction.
* Gaia's appearance changes based on her map location, the level of her abilities, and the items in her possession.
- Map Locations
* In rivers and pools, Newerth's naturally occurring underwater crystals compose Gaia's water form.
* In lanes and bases, the tough terrain allows Gaia to construct her durable rock form.
* In the Legion jungle, Gaia adapts to the natural flora and assumes her grass form.
* In the Hellbourne jungle, the desolation gives life only to destruction, where Gaia manifests as fire.
* Striders will alter the path Gaia leaves behind her, depending on which form she is currently in.
* Astrolabe will create layers of a rotating, mechanical astrolabe around her weapon.
* Abyssal Skull will replace the top of her staff with a large Abyssal Skull, granting lifesteal to her teammates.
* Tablet of Command will be worn around her waist for escaping or pulling enemies into unfortunate situations.
- Ability Levels
* At level 1 of any ability, Gaia's human form is not yet strong enough to absorb strength from Newerth.
- Essence Link
* Level 2-3: The color of the Essence Link transforms into the primary color of whichever form Gaia currently exists in.
* Level 4: Gaia extracts the full essence of Newerth, as elements of rock, fire, water, or grass surround the Essence Link.
- Illusory Veil
* Level 2-3: The color of the Illusory Veil transforms into the primary color of whichever form Gaia currently exists in.
* Level 4: The will of Newerth's survival comes to fruition, as elements of rock, fire, water, or grass surround the Illusory Veil.
* Level 2-3: Newerth's life force surrounds Gaia's feet, the Synergy establishing her connection to everyone and everything.
* Level 4: The vitality that swirls around Gaia becomes stronger and more apparent as the Synergy gains traction.
- As One
* Level 2-3: The blessings of Newerth envelop Gaia with a whirlpool of energy as she protects her host.
- The eternal battle between Pirates and Ninjas has spread to Newerth! The boisterous, booty-seeking swashbucklers of The Bloodtide Brigade have dropped anchor to face the silent, mystical assassins of The Shroud, and both sides are recruiting for the ensuing clash. Which will you choose, cutlass or cutthroat? Flasks or masks? Pirates or Ninjas?
* Once you own the entire set of The Bloodtide Brigade or The Shroud, not only will you become an official member of the group, you'll also get extra booty!
* The Bloodtide Brigade: Each member of the set gains extra effects and you will be awarded the Pirate Announcer Pack for free
* The Shroud: Each member of the set gains extra effects and you will be awarded the Ninja Announcer Pack for free
- New Artesia Avatar: Corsair Artesia (Bloodtide Brigade)
* Dogmatic and efficient, Corsair Artesia hides her contempt for the callous Captain Gorebeard under a guise of strict order and rigid planning. Prior to Captain Baraacko's capture, she was given much more flexibility as part of the commanding officers, but after he was taken prisoner by the Legion, she was resigned to a more submissive position with fewer rewards for her work. She has plans to usurp the new captain if she can convince the crew to mutiny, but even getting them to mop the decks is a challenge, so she waits, placidly and patiently, for the perfect time to strike.
- New Puppet Master Avatar: Effigy Puppet Master (The Shroud)
* Effigy is a master of the darkest magic known to the mystical Shroud assassins. He is called upon when an untraceable kill is required, for his wizardry attacks the very essence of his targets and leaves no mark upon the flesh. Even more insidious is his ability to control members of the target's camp and force comrades to kill each other, leaving not only a larger body count but also inciting chaos and discord.
- New Rhapsody Avatar: Rhapscallion Rhapsody (Bloodtide Brigade)
* Once a scribe aboard Captain Baaracko's ship, Rhapscallion and her fellow deckhands became governed by fear when the gluttonous Gorebeard rose to the position of de facto leader on the vessel. Acting out and singing loudly as a means to mask her melancholy aboard the newly overtaken ship, she spends less time writing and more time dancing, secretly hoping the big red monster is taken out of commission by an unruly village or a Legion troop.
- New Circe Avatar: Veil Circe (The Shroud)
* Veil is the first member of the Shroud assassins to lay eyes on the next target. Her ability to change her appearance and expertly mimic any man, beast or daemon allows her to slip deep behind enemy lines and infiltrate even the most heavily defended areas. If she can get a clean kill immediately she will not hesitate. If not, she uses her abilities to help the other members of The Shroud surround the target, each of them closing in, lurking and waiting for the opportunity to strike.
- New Witch Slayer Avatar: Partisan Witch Slayer (Russian Victory Day)
* Partisans are fierce resistance fighters struggling against an occupying foreign army, and in the case of Partisan Witch Slayer, that foreign army happens to come from the Scar and consists of daemons, lords of the dead, and testy Archaic Gods. She certainly has her hands full, but she plans on celebrating Russian Victory Day by putting her trusty saperka entrenching tool and sniper rifle to good use.
- New Jeraziah Avatar: Liberator Jeraziah (Russian Victory Day)
* The valiant Liberator, released in honor of Russian Victory Day, fully embodies his mission of defending the innocent civilians ravaged by the war against the Hellbourne. No matter how weary or injured, he will forsake his own life and gladly stand in front of the defenseless, cover them with his shield and lift his broadsword toward the advancing daemon soldiers. To those who seek to harm those under his protection: Your bodies will build the foundation for new hope.
- New Fayde Avatar: POG Fayde (POGS)
* The POGS avatars are here! These high definition skins will be released one-per-patch and will be available via the store, Plinko, or both, depending upon the region.
== Bots ==
- New Bot: Balphagore
* This bot was created by Kairus101.
* Kairus101 receives 6400 gold coins, his choice of alt avatar, and the Robot Courier forum award!
* Be careful of his clever minion use!
- New Bot: Wretched Hag
* This bot was created by Darkfire.
* Darkfire receives 6400 gold coins, his choice of alt avatar, and the Robot Courier forum award!
- New Bot: Moon Queen
* This bot was created by Anakonda.
* Anakonds receives 6400 gold coins, his choice of alt avatar, and the Robot Courier forum award!
- Easy difficulty bots now take more creep damage before retreating
- Fixed an issue with teambots with no heroes
- Earn gold rewards by contributing on the bot subforums!
* Create your own bot, or review submission code!
* All of our bots are vetted by community contributors and the Community Bot Team.
* Join us on the bot forums or on IRC and earn yourself some gold!
== Bugfixes ==
- Minions will now follow Klanx properly if the target dies after the minions follow-up Klanx's autoattack order
- Ultimate now applies the proper damage values now when the state is applied on an enemy
- Fixed a bug that caused Lance-A-Long to extend up to 200 units further than intended.
- Acid Cocktail will no longer stun on the first bounce if the target becomes magic immune
- Now plays the proper sound files when killing someone with ultimate & Witch Slayer has a Staff of the Master in his inventory
- Added the following range indicators
* Gemini's Twin Fangs targeting circle at the very end of the cone (for the stun radius indicator)
* Voodoo Jester's Spirit Ward attack range indicator when you cast it (to see how far it can attack before you actually spawn the gadget)
* Plague Rider's Plague Carrier bounce range indicator
* Vindicator's Glyph of Silence hover cast range (aura radius when it spawns)
- F6 and F10 keys properly bring up the main interface