Welcome to Heroes of Newerth
Version 4.2.5 - 25 October 2017
== Design ==
= Champions of Newerth =
- Pick phase duration for the first pick turn (for the team that picks first) increased from 40 seconds to 50 seconds.
* The duration of the other pick phases in this mode remain the same (at 40 seconds).
- In the Options -> Interface ->Assistance menu, the "Selection Outline" option has been split into 2 options:
* Selection Outlines: Outlines units you have selected, changes to selection circle if disabled. Disabled by default.
* Hover Outlines: Outlines units you are hovering over, changes to selection circle if disabled. Enabled by default.
== Matchmaking Maps & Modes ==
Champions of Newerth (CoN)
- Map: Forests of Caldavar
- Mode: Counter Pick
Forests of Caldavar
- All Pick
- Balanced Random
- Hero Ban
- All Random
- Devo Pick
== New Content ==
= Loi Krathong =
New Loi Krathong Bubbles Avatar: Noppamas Bubbles
- Centuries ago, the lovely queen consort Nang Noppamas found that her lover and his court were becoming infected by undercurrents of jealousy, negativity, and warmongering. She had no way of knowing that Circe the Deceiver was twisting her claws into their thoughts, hearts and souls, but she still knew that something had to be done to cleanse her kingdom before it was too late. She created a krathong, a tiny, beautiful basket made from a lily pad and decorated with flowers. She filled it with all of her negative thoughts, her grudges, her anger, then lit a candle to venerate the gods and released the krathong into the river to carry the troubles of her people away. She urged everyone on the city to do the same, and the massive outpouring of love, forgiveness, and renewal made Circe so disgusted she actually fled to find a populace more interested in chaos and death.
= General =
New Armadon Avatar: Arma Donna
- Donna has always adored the stolid and stalwart Armadon, who looks so cute and cuddly while he's loping around that she wants to wrap him up in a big hug and keep him safe, just like he keeps his fellow Legion warriors from harm. When she started work on her amazing Armadon cosplay, she had to make a very tough decision: remain true and loyal to her gruff, lovable hero, or forgo the razor-sharp spines and sticky, smelly snot for something a little more comfortable (and acceptable at Halloween parties). She chose the latter, certain that if she ever got to show her outfit to Armadon, he would appreciate her prioritizing the safety of others -- and candy -- over authenticity.
New Magmus Avatar: Fireheart
- Ask any elemental warrior which force is most powerful -- earth, air, water, spirit, or fire -- and they'll certainly tell you it's whichever they wield. But Fireheart knows that even though the utterly destructive flames she controls are indeed powerful, it is another element which provides that power: love. It may be a love of fiery, scorching obliteration, but it is love, and she longs to share it with someone for eternity. It's a tragedy that nearly everyone she tries to share her love with is consumed by the passion (or the inferno), but on the rare occasion when someone can withstand the intensity of her emotional surge, Fireheart creates a life-long devotion to making sure the heat between them never dwindles. This life-long relationship typically lasts twenty minutes or so.
New Rhapsody Avatar: Miku Rhapsody
- Miku arrives in Newerth with the aspiration to bring joy and music to a very dark and melancholic world. Throughout her journeys, she quickly became appalled by the harsh reality of this land and decided to use her talents to heal the wounded and provide moral support for the destitute. Through her irresistable songs and dance moves, she has quickly gained devoted fans from both the Legion and Hellbourne who adore her greatly.
== Bug Fixes & Optimizations ==
= General =
- If a unit has multiple Bash sources, then when a Bash procs, each Bash source will go on its individual cooldown (instead of going on the cooldown of the Bash source that just procced).
- Devo Wars: Fixed a bug where Healing Ward was affecting non-hero units. It will now only affect Devourer in Devo Wars.
= Heroes =
- Wish for Power's visual state now expires properly if Salomon no longer has the orbs orbiting around him.
- Adjusted the height of the selection box for Unstable Shard to be more accurate.
= Items =
- Can no longer be applied to an infinite number of ally heroes based on a specific item drop & pickup pattern.