Welcome to Heroes of Newerth
Version 4.5.4 - 16 August 2018
== Patching Schedule Change ==
- From this point onward, Heroes of Newerth will receive patches every 3 weeks instead of every 2 weeks.
* The official forums will contain a detailed patching schedule stickied thread.
== Design ==
= General =
Leaver Mechanic Change
- When a player is terminated, all other players are able to leave the game without having their Leaver count penalized (in the Leave % system and the Leaver Strike System).
* Players still receive the appropriate amount of Rank/MMR Adjustment in the game.
- Time per pause before enemy team can Unpause the game increased from 45 seconds to 60 seconds.
* As a result, total minimum pause time per team (if not unpaused early by an ally) increased from 1 minute & 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
= Hero Reworks =
* Strength: 17 + 2.4 per level
* Agility: 14 + 1.0 per level
* Intelligence: 20 + 3.0 per level (Primary)
* Movement Speed: 300
* Attack Range: 600
* Starting Attack Damage: 42-48
* Starting Armor: 4.2
* Range: 600
* Mana Cost: 110/130/150/160
* Cooldown: 15 seconds
Target an enemy unit to instantly blast it with ice. On each impact, deals 30/50/70/90 Magic Damage to target and applies a 0.25/0.5/0.75/1 second Stun. Impacts a maximum of 3 times. -
Each impact occurs in 2 second intervals. - Staff of the Master
: Damage Type is changed to True.
* Range: 700
* Mana Cost: 180
* Cooldown: 35 seconds
- Target a creep unit to kill it and spawn 3 Elementals that last for 35 seconds. Elementals have 200/225/225/275 Health, 2/3/4/5 Armor, 17 Magic Armor, 600 Attack Range, deal 18/24/30/36 Physical Damage with each attack and have 260/280/300/320 Movement Speed.
- After 6 attacks, Elementals replicate themselves, spawning a new Elemental with the same remaining life time.
*This effect now also works when Elementals attack structures.
- Level 1 of this ability cannot target allied units.
- Upon being summoned, Elementals will automatically follow you around and assist you.
*The player can still take manual control of the Elementals after they have been summoned.
- Staff of the Master
: Damage Type is changed to True.
* Range: 1500
* Radius: 400
* Mana Cost: 95/110/125/140
* Cooldown: 40/35/30/25 seconds
- Target an area to travel to the location and spawn a Meteor.
- The Meteor's flames last 8 seconds and deals 2/3/4/5% of the enemy's Max Health as True Damage per second.
* Range: 275
* Radius: 420
* Mana Cost: 275/325/375
* Cooldown: 180/160/140 seconds
Target a location to channel an Elemental Void in the area for up to 4 seconds. Enemies who are in the Void are Stunned, pulled towards the center, and take up to 200/400/600 Magic Damage. - Staff of the Master
: Damage Type is changed to True, and decreases cooldown to 120 seconds.
= Heroes =
- Superior Magic Damage increased from 10/20/30/40% to 15/25/35/45% of the target's Attack Damage.
- Illusions can no longer attack structures when Circe is more than 1000 range away.
- Magic Damage changed from 110/160/210/260 to 100/160/220/280.
- Damage per 100 distance travelled increased from 6/9/12 to 15/20/25.
* Maximum Damage increased from 120/180/240 to 300/400/500.
- Mana cost increased from 40 to 50.
- Movement Speed Slow reduced from 10/15/20/25% to 8/12/16/20%.
- Passive armor bonus reduced from 3/6/9/12 to 2.5/5/7.5/10.
- The initial cast can now target Enemy Units.
- If cast on an enemy unit, Transfusion forms a link that continuously transfers Debuffs & Stuns from Ichor to the enemy.
- Second jump can also be cast on enemy units now.
- Delay for jumping to another unit after the initial cast reduced from 3 seconds to 1 second.
- Now grants you 100 Movement Speed for 3 seconds after the leap.
- Mixed Damage reduced from 300/425/550 to 200/325/450.
- No longer slows enemies.
- Movement Speed increase reduced from Haste to 50%.
* No longer has 100% Slow Resistance as a result.
- Strength gain reduced from 2.0 to 1.8.
- No longer stuns enemies for 0.1/0.2/0.3 seconds.
- Now applies a Silence and a 90% Movement Speed Slow to enemies for 1 second.
Wall of Mirrors
- Now also deals 25/50/75/100 Magic Damage to the target upon impact.
- Duration increased from 6 to 8 seconds.
- Out-of-combat duration increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
- Ward damage reduced from 40/70/100 to 40/65/90.
- Now considered a buff state, rendering it able to be transferred or dispelled.
Bound by Fate
- When 1 of the bound unit dies, the tether no longer automatically snaps.
* Instead, the tether will be bound to the bound unit's corpse.
* The remaining tethered unit has to break the leash range to break the tether.
- Stun duration increased from 1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds to 1.6/1.9/2.2/2.5 seconds.
- Magic Damage increased from 75/150/225/300 to 80/160/240/320.
- Cast effect type changed from Physical to Magic.
- Agility gain reduced from 2.4 to 2.3.
- Evasion reduced from 15/30/45/60% to 12/24/36/48%.
= Item Reworks =
Helm of the Black Legion
(1100) + Lifetube
(850) + Iron Buckler
(225) = 2175 Gold Total
- Grants: +250 Max Health, +6 Health Regen.
- Passively grants a 50% chance to block 60 damage (30 for ranged). Does not work against gadgets.
+ Helm of the Black Legion was tapering off too quickly if you obtain this item early game. The increased Block value allows it to maintain its relevance for a longer period of time.
+ Its block mechanics were also reverted to its legacy form & had numbers adjusted to fit its intended purpose of being an early-mid game survivability item.
Ultor's Heavy Helm (renamed from Ultor's Heavy Plate)
Recipe: Helm of the Black Legion
(2175) + Ringmail
(550) + Recipe (1000) = 3725 Gold Total
- Grants: +250 Max Health, +6 Health Regen, +5 Armor.
- Passively grants a 50% chance to block 70 damage (35 for ranged). Only blocks half of the amount against gadgets.
- Active: Applies Heavy Plated to allied heroes and structures in radius for 12 seconds. Units cannot be affected by Ultor's Heavy Plate more than once every 45 seconds.
- Heavy Plated: 100% chance to block 70 damage.
* Radius: 900
* Mana Cost: 0
* Cooldown: 45 seconds.
+ Ultor's Heavy Helm is intended to be the analog to Barrier Idol for Physical Damage. It provides a large amount of Block to protect your team from Physical autoattacks.
(500) + 2x Ringmail
(550) = 1600 Gold Total
- Grants: +50 Movement Speed, +10 Armor
- Passively grants +2 Armor when attacked by a hero, up to a max of a bonus 8 Armor. Loses charges after 6 seconds.
+ Plated Greaves was adjusted to be more oriented to come a cost-efficient source of Physical autoattack damage reduction for yourself, as its previous effects were negligible when used for your team or yourself. Its former pushing enhancements are already found in multiple other items.
= Items =
- Instead of dealing 900 Magic Damage, now deals 50% of the target's Max Health if the target is an enemy player-controlled non-hero unit.
- Gadgets will no longer be affected by Barbed Armor.
This specifically removes any interaction between Engineer
's Steam Turret
and Barbed Armor.
- Movement Speed bonus reduced from 25 to 20.
- Attack Speed bonus increased from 20 to 25.
- Recipe cost reduced from 450 Gold to 335 Gold.
* Total cost reduced from 1515 Gold to 1400 Gold.
- In addition to its current effects, now Heals yourself for 25% of Healing Done to others.
* This effect, along with the increased Healing Output effect do not stack.
- Recipe cost reduced from 225 Gold to 100 Gold.
* Total cost reduced from 1275 Gold to 1150 Gold.
- Passive Armor bonus reduced from 8 to 6.
- Aura now also grants 2 bonus Armor.
* This is in addition to 1 Mana Regeneration that the Aura already provides.
- Mana Regeneration lowered from 3 to 2.5.
- Magic Lifesteal increased from 15% to 20%.
- Non-hero Magic Lifesteal increased from 5% to 8%.
Frozen Light/Searing Light
- Mana Regeneration lowered from 4 to 3.5.
- Magic Lifesteal increased from 20% to 28%.
- Non-hero Magic Lifesteal increased from 8% to 12%.
- Mana Regeneration lowered from 5 to 4.5.
- Magic Lifesteal increased from 30% to 36%.
- Non-hero Magic Lifesteal increased from 10% to 16%.
Madfreds Brass Knuckles
(500) + Soulscream Ring
(440) + Recipe (260) = 1200 Gold Total.
- Now also grants 3 Strength and 3 Intelligence.
- Increased Attack Damage per charge from 3 to 4.
- Recipe cost reduced from 250 Gold to 150 Gold.
* Total cost reduced from 2100 Gold to 2000 Gold.
Recipe: Blessed Orb
(2100) + Sustainer
(1700) + Recipe (700) = 4500 Gold Total
- Passively grants: +15 Strength, +15 Agility, +15 Intelligence, +15 Damage, +6 Regen, +150% Mana Regen.
- Cooldown for blocking a single-targeted spell reduced from 16 to 15 seconds.
Orb of Zamos & Grave Locket
- Initial synchronization range increased from 500 to 700.
- Synchronization delay decreased from 2 to 0.5 seconds.
- Turning the item off will now clear any synchronization states that you have, regardless of owner, and make you unsychronizable.
- Recipe Cost increased from 575 Gold to 975 Gold.
* Total Cost increased from 4100 Gold to 4500 Gold.
- Armor reduction increased from 2/4/6 to 3/5/7.
- Maximum number of stacks on structures increased from 6 to 7.
- Recipe cost reduced from 300 Gold to 150 Gold.
* Total cost reduced from 2825 Gold to 2675 Gold.
- Movement Speed bonus reduced from 20 to 15.
== Public Beta Test (PBT) ==
Mid Wars (PBT)
Heroes now gain 150 Movement Speed from their ally Well. This buff lasts 6 seconds, or after they are farther than 4000 units away from their ally Well. -
A Homecoming Stone
is now added to your inventory at the start of the game. Homecoming Stones
have infinite uses in this mode.
- Golem Boss now drops 2 Tokens of Sight.
== Matchmaking Maps & Modes ==
Champions of Newerth (CoN)
- Map: Forests of Caldavar
- Mode: Counter Pick
- Hero Ban
- All Random
- Blind Ban
== New Content ==
= Poker Set =
New Poker Ellonia Avatar: Queen of Hearts
- The Queen of Hearts may come off as a bit frigid at first, but that's only because she's looking for tells and working to identify players ripe for bleeding. When she turns on the charm and uses her full set of assets to taunt, tease, and distract players (and possibly slip a cold deck into the mix), the rest of the table quickly tilts or steams toward a rapid fold, laydown, or all-out bust.
New Poker Sand Wraith Avatar: Wraith of Diamonds
- The Wraith of Diamonds is a seriously sharp and intimidating player with a deceptive style of play known as sandbagging -- he'll create the mirage of holding a weak hand in battle, luring hapless opponents into staying in when they should fold and raising aggressively when they should be more cautious. By the time his overconfident targets realize they've actually been stalked since the first card was dealt, the Wraith of Diamonds has already broken them.
New Poker Set Effect
- Get the Poker Carnage Counter with three of a kind, or go all-in with the five Poker avatars and get the full Set Effect!
* Own 3 Poker avatars to get the Poker Carnage Counter
* Own all 5 Poker avatars to unlock the exclusive Poker Set Effect
- Cut those Jokers out of the deck with the Poker Taunt!
== Bug Fixes & Optimizations ==
= General =
- Subaccounts can now be properly purchased in-game.
- Using a teleporter will no longer center the camera on the teleported unit.
= Heroes =
no longer issues a Hold command on Artillery.
* As a result, Artillery now automatically attacks an enemy unit within his aggro range if no further command is given after LRM's channel finishes.
- Steam Turret
no longer takes an extra hit to kill if it receives any Health increase from Engineer's inventory.
- Grappling Shot
now lets Gunblade follow the target correctly if the target becomes orderdisjointed (e.g. by using Geometer's Bane
- Guardian Angel
now cannot be cast on ally heroes who have disabled help from Martyr.
- Elemental Warp
(when boosted by Staff of the Master
) can now be properly cast at max range when Nome's Wisdom
(PBT version) is in his inventory.
- String terminology has been clarified for Schism & which of Mimix's abilities will be replicated by Mimix's illusions.
- Arcane Vortex
's effects are now properly boosted by Staff of the Master
when used by the mimic spawned by Ephemeral Forge
- Raven Form models have been properly adjusted for all avatars.
- Debilitate and Decelerate will no longer be applied to heroes you do not have vision of when spread by Shared Fate.
- Ball Lightning
will no longer be permanently disabled if the projectile is out in Team Deathmatch when the round ends.
no longer procs its Critical Strike & Disarm effects when attacking ally units.
= Items =
- Fixed to no longer deal bonus damage against structures.