Patch [V2.6.9] on 11th Jul 2012
- Published on Tuesday, 10 July 2012 16:57
There will be a Game Client Patch v2.6.9 on 11th July 2012, 0700 hrs - 0959 hrs (GMT +8).
Game Service will be unavailable during this time. Players are advised to logout before this time.
*Downtime may be extended without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.*
New EA Avatar:
Instructions to Update:
- Players who have patched through Garena Messenger may continue to do so to update their client.
- Players who have patched through the game client will be prompted with a message to update client upon log-in. Click Yes and the game will be updated automatically.
* In case the update message does not appear, hit Ctrl+F8 and type enter Upd_checkforupdates 1
- Changing Windows Compatibility Mode.
* Select Windows 95 compatibility mode in order to update (de-select it after the updating process has finished):
1. Right-click the icon for the program
2. Click Properties
3. Click the Compatibility tab.
4. Set Compatibility mode to "Windows 95"
5. Click Apply and OK. Open the task manager and make sure no other instance of HoN is running. If there is, kill it by selecting hon.exe and click on "End Process". Run HoN as an Administrator and install it directly into your HDD's root (e.g. C:\).
- Changing your Graphic Driver temporarily.
Upon launching the game, go to Settings Graphics, select·"OpenGL"and try patching again. Revert it back to "DirectX" when the patch is complete.
== New Content ==
- Added new Early Access Hero: Prophet
- Added new Limited Edition Early Access Alt Avatar: Serpent Prophet
- Added new Premium Prophet Alt Avatar: Bone Prophet
* Prophet is an extremely versatile ranged intelligence hero. His strengths lay in his early laning harassment as well as his teamfight presence. A well placed Shared Fate can alter any teamfight in Prophet's favor!
- Revised Early Access System
* Players now have 3 options when taking advantage of Early Access
* Hero Only - Unlocks only the Early Access hero for a new, low price of 300 Gold
* EA Bundle - Unlocks the Early Access hero as well as the exclusive Early Access avatar and Symbol for the current price of 400 Gold
* Elite Bundle - Unlocks the Early Access hero, the exclusive Early Access avatar and Symbol, and a Premium Alt Avatar all for the discounted price of 650 Gold
- Added new Kraken Alt Avatar: Submariner Kraken
- Added new Puppet Master Alt Avatar: Doll Master
(Credits to Carolos from Thailand for providing inspirations on Doll Master's Design!)
== General ==
- Ravenor is no longer an Early Access hero
- Added new Match Rewards System
- Added new Consecutive Play and Social Play Bonuses to Normal Mode and Casual Mode Matchmaking
- Consecutive Play Bonus:
* Day 1 Bonus - 6 Silver Coins
* Day 2 Bonus - 8 Silver Coins
* Day 3 Bonus - 10 Silver Coins
* Day 4 Bonus - 12 Silver Coins
* Day 5+ Bonus - 14 Silver Coins
- Social Play Bonus:
* Play with 1-3 friends - 4 extra silver coins per game
* Play with 4 friends - 10 extra silver coins per game
* Please Note: Bonuses and Rewards are only available in Normal Mode and Casual Mode Matchmaking (i.e. not MidWars)
== Optimizations & Bug Fixes ==
- Fixed Heroes disappearing if you reconnected during loading
- Fixed the Mentor's cursor hanging around after the game was over
- Sounds are now dampened when a Taunt is playing
- Fixed an item-ordering problem when the courier is delivering
- Fixed a bug when the courier delivers an upgradeable item and one other item to a hero that has a recipe for that upgradeable item
* Before, the recipe would be consumed and no upgrade given
- We now prefer to upgrade items over forming new ones
* Example: Getting a Spellshards recipe into an inventory that has Spellshards level 1 and an Arcana will always make a Spellshards level 2, instead of two Spellshards level 1
- Ignore and Banlist should work properly again
- Language defaults to English if no language is set
- Fixed occasional ingame crashes
- Fixed HoNTV in D3D9Ex video mode
- "New" items can no longer be right-clicked or combined in tournament mode
- Negative Armor effects now correctly show up on tooltips
- Fixed the Courier still belonging to the owner when the owner terminates
- You can no longer disassemble items if you don't have stash access
- Fixed incorrect purchase order of recipe items with sub-recipes
- Fixed being able to use items from your stash
- Frostburn/ Icebrand: Fixed a bug where Ranged attacks were not increasing the power of the snare if the remaining duration was greater than 1.5 seconds
- Berzerker: Carnage now correctly reduces various stun durations
- Dr Repulsor: Can no longer roll 3d100 and magically hit the perfect odds to instant kill a hero all the way across the map
- Gauntlet: Grapple can no longer shoot behind him
- Draconis: Fiery Barrage 's timer doesn't show "0.0s" all the time anymore
- Devourer: Hid a state that is only for timing
- Electrician: Energy Absorption 's icon fixed when using Demonbuster Electrician
- Gladiator: Call to Arms icon fixed when using Gladius Beardicus
- Kinesis: Telekinetic Lift and Mass Control timing states hidden on creeps
- Plague Rider: Contagion and Plague Carrier 's icons fixed when using Frost Rider
- Nymphora: Turning on the "no-help" feature now makes you an invalid target for Nymphora's Teleport
- Kraken: Release the Kraken! fixed so it does not play an effect through fog
- Kraken: Tsunami Charge fixed so you can crash people against invulnerable buildings
- Ophelia: Fixed an invisible gadget that you were able to tab to
- Madman: Berserk idle animation no longer continues once it expires
- Maliken: Sword Throw gadget is no longer able to be tabbed to
- Gemini: Fixed so items delivered from a Courier so that autocombine will work properly when Gemini is in Fire/Ice form
- Monarch: Noxious Cloud fixed so it plays the proper sound
- Monarch: Noxious Cloud visual effect tweaked so it is more accurate when compared to the actual AoE
- Monkey King: Heavenly Vault fixed so vaulting while being teleported doesn't snap you back to where you were
- Silhouette: Log Bolas fixed so it no longer plays through fog