[V2.6.7] Patch Notes
- Published on Tuesday, 26 June 2012 10:40
There will be a Game Client Patch v2.6.7 on 27th June 2012, 0700 hrs - 0959 hrs (GMT +8).
Game Service will be unavailable during this time. Players are advised to logout before this time.
*Downtime may be extended without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.*
New Avatar: Brass Arachna
Instructions to Update:
- Players who have patched through Garena Messenger may continue to do so to update their client.
- Players who have patched through the game client will be prompted with a message to update client upon log-in. Click Yes and the game will be updated automatically.
* In case the update message does not appear, hit Ctrl+F8 and type enter Upd_checkforupdates 1
- Changing Windows Compatibility Mode.
* Select Windows 95 compatibility mode in order to update (de-select it after the updating process has finished):
1. Right-click the icon for the program
2. Click Properties
3. Click the Compatibility tab.
4. Set Compatibility mode to "Windows 95"
5. Click Apply and OK. Open the task manager and make sure no other instance of HoN is running. If there is, kill it by selecting hon.exe and click on "End Process". Run HoN as an Administrator and install it directly into your HDD's root (e.g. C:\).
- Changing your Graphic Driver temporarily.
Upon launching the game, go to Settings Graphics, select·"OpenGL"and try patching again. Revert it back to "DirectX" when the patch is complete.
== New Content ==
Added a new Picking Mode: Lock Pick
- Lock Pick is the new premier competitive mode for Heroes of Newerth
- A "Locked Hero Pool" of six Heroes is this mode's main focus. Out of the six, four of them must be picked in the end
- All actions during the picking phase are taken by only the Captain of the team
* Players do not pick their own heroes, the Captain picks for them
* The Blue player is Legion's Captain while the Pink player is Hellbourne's Captain
- The order of actions each Captain takes is as follows:
* Two blind bans. These function exactly as they do in Mid Wars
* "Lock" three Heroes. These six Heroes make up the "Locked Hero Pool" and are unbannable and picked at the conclusion of the Picking Phase
* Ban three Heroes
* Pick three Heroes
* Pick two Heroes from the "Locked Hero Pool". Your team is not limited to picking from the Heroes only your team "Locked", you can freely pick from any of the six. Two heroes from the "Locked Hero Pool" will remain unpicked
- Players may not Ready Up until all ten players have a Hero
* You may still Swap with teammates at any time
For more information on Lock Pick, see the post here: Clicky!
Matchmaking screen reworked slightly
- Banning Draft has been removed from Matchmaking
- Lock Pick has been added to Matchmaking
* To access Lock Pick you must have a full group of five and turn on the new "Competitive" restrictive filter
* The Group Leader when queuing for Matchmaking becomes the Team Captain
Cast Range Indicators added for all Heroes, Items, and Neutrals
- Various abilities will now show their range and the area of effect when you select to use them
- Hovering over an ability in game will display the range of the ability centered on your hero after a short delay
- Indicators can be disabled in the Interface part of the Options menu
- Added new Draconis Alt Avatar: Chimera Draconis
(Scheduled to be released on Monday, 2nd July 2012)
- Added New Arachna Alt Avatar: Brass Arachna
- Added New Bundle: Ultimate Amalgamate Bundle
* Save Gold Coins on Brass Arachna and own Chimera Draconis before it is released on Monday!
== Optimizations & Bug Fixes ==
- Fixed a lot of Alt Avatars' attack animations so they sync up correctly to when damage is done
- Nullfire Blade: Can no longer insta-kill allied illusions
- Arachna: Webbed Shot will no longer slow targets who go Magic Immune while the shot is in midair
- Armadon: Armordillo charges now cap at 100 again. This is just a visual change so you easily know when the next burst will go off
- Bombardier: Air Strike! effects were rescaled slightly
- Chipper: Rocket Barrage will no longer go through Magic Immune units
- Chronos: Curse of Ages can no longer kill enemies through Puppet Show
- Chronos: Removed unnecessary voice files
- Ellonia: Flash Freeze's stun can now properly be dispelled by stun removal abilities
- Ellonia: Absolute Zero no longer spams shields
- Forsaken Archer: Alt Avatar animations sped up and synced
- Gemini: Item animation added
- Geomancer: Updated his scripting across the board, as it was performing badly under certain situations
- Geomancer: Crystal Field's stun is no longer a debuff, so it can no longer be dispelled by items like Nullfire Blade
- Gravekeeper: Base Health Regen fixed to be the correct value
- Keeper of the Forest: Entmoot's cast has had art added
- Kraken: Tsunami Charge can now be cast towards the edge of the map
- Master of Arms: Overcharge Shot's stun is no longer a debuff, so it can no longer be dispelled by items like Nullfire Blade
- Midas: Transmute's stun is no longer a debuff, so it can no longer be dispelled by items like Nullfire Blade
- Moraxus: More Axes rescripted to clean up several art issues
- Nighthound: Invisibility buff will no longer have a flickering duration