Game Client Patch v2.5.6 on 19 Jan
- Published on Tuesday, 17 January 2012 19:22
Game Service will be unavailable during this time. Players are advised to logout safely before this time.
*Downtime may be extended without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances.*
New Hero Alternate Avatar:
Instructions to Update:
- Players who have patched through Garena Messenger may continue to do so to update their client.
- Players who have patched through the game client will be prompted with a message to update client upon log-in. ClickYes and the game will be updated automatically.
* In case the update message does not appear, hit Ctrl+F8 and type enter Upd_checkforupdates 1
- Changing Windows Compatibility Mode.
* Select Windows 95 compatibility mode in order to update (de-select it after the updating process has finished):
1. Right-click the icon for the program
2. Click Properties
3. Click the Compatibility tab.
4. Set Compatibility mode to "Windows 95"
5. Click Apply and OK. Open the task manager and make sure no other instance of HoN is running. If there is, kill it by selecting hon.exe and click on "End Process". Run HoN as an Administrator and install it directly into your HDD's root (e.g. C:\).
- Changing your Graphic Driver temporarily.
Upon launching the game, go to Settings Graphics, select·"OpenGL"and try patching again. Revert it back to·"DirectX" when the patch is complete.
- Groups with less than 1150 MMR should have an easier time finding a match now
- If a matchmaking game ends prematurely (whether due to an early remake or a player fails to connect) any groups who were in the match should now be able to re-queue and leave off at their previous wait time
* A message will be broadcast notifying the group when they have been re-placed into the queue
- Made a few changes to how point gain/losses are adjusted for team mates if there is a leaver on the team, it's now a bit more lenient in terms of what conditions must be true in order for the team with the disconnected player(s) to receive an adjustment
- Made some adjustments to match fidelity slider, selecting "Fairer Matches" should now do a bit better job at finding other groups close to the skill range of the group that selected this option
- The UI should now remember the match fidelity slider setting selected when creating a group and entering the queue
- Greatly improved how the game client re-connects to game servers
* Players should no longer have to type "Reconnect" on the console or re-login manually as the client will automatically try to reconnect to the game server. Players can still reconnect by re-logging or typing reconnect, but they will no longer have to do this, they can simply wait for the reconnect dialogue to display
- Gold gained from creeps and neutrals now normalizes over time
* An example: Two heroes farm a lane for 20 minutes getting equal creep kills. Before, their gold values would have differed greatly. Now, they will have nearly equal amounts of gold.
- Added a new Amun-Ra Alt Avatar: Phoenix Ra