Patch 2.3.0 Live Now!
- Published on Wednesday, 30 November 2011 09:20
New Alt Avatar:
*Available on 2 Dec
New Limited Edition Avatar
*Available from 30 Nov to 6 Dec
Update Installation Fails / Crashes At White Progress Bar
If you are having issues updating your game client, please try the alternatives below:
- Ensure that your Windows-installation is up-to-date and install all the available patches and service packs!
- Changing Windows Compatibility Mode.
- Select Windows 95 compatibility mode in order to update (de-select it after the updating process has finished):
1. Riht-click the icon for the program
2. Click Properties
3. Click the Compatibility tab.
4. Set Compatibility mode to "Windows 95"
5. Click Apply and OK
Open the task manager and make sure no other instance of HoN is running. If there is, kill it by selecting hon.exe and click on "End Process".
Run HoN as an Administrator and install it directly into your HDD's root (e.g. C:\).
- Changing your Graphic Driver temporarily.
Also, you may try to switching your Video Driver to "OpenGL" in-game. To do so, go to Settings > Graphics, select "OpenGL" and try patching again. Revert it back to "DirectX" when the patch is complete.
If you have any relevant issues or require any assistance, please do not hesitate to sought them out at our Technical Support forum: http://forum.hon.garena.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Technical-Support
Full Change Log:
- HoN TV is now Live!
* You can open HoN TV from the bottom right corner of the new Message of the Day screen or the icon in the upper left corner
* HoN TV lets you watch video in the client seamlessly. You can watch while in the Matchmaking queue, for example!
* HoNCast Live Stream, HoNCast Video Archives, S2Games YouTube Channel, and some User Streams are all available to watch at any time
* AngryTestie and h4nn1 are the initial two people you can watch from the ingame client. More will be added as time goes on!
* Make sure to use HoN TV to tune into DreamHack Winter this week!
* HoN TV currently only supports Windows. We will be adding support for other operating systems in the future
- The Test++ mod has been added for practice mode
* This replaces the normal "Test" menu
- New Message of the Day screen
* Now includes a button to HoN TV and a Competitive Section
- Newerth is no longer Haunted
- Interface rendering improvements in DirectX
- Minor optimizations to all interface rendering
- "Hell", "damn", and "bastard" have been removed from the filter list
- Fixed the UITriggerList console command
- The water near Kongor has been fixed
- The teleporters on Grimm's Crossing now properly unbind and disjoint you
- Various Tooltip fixes
- The Chatserver has been updated for HoN TV
* You must patch up to 2.3.0 to connect to it again
- Added a new Announcer: BreakyCPK Pack
* Make every game a shoutcasted game!
- Added a new Zephyr Alt Avatar: Turkey Zephyr
* Will be available to purchase from 30 Nov to 6 Dec
- Added a new Corrupted Disciple Alt Avatar: Steampunk Disciple
* Voiced by the magical Totalbiscuit
* His YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TotalHalibut
* Will be available to purchase on 2 Dec
- Monarch is no longer Early Access, but cannot be used in Tournament Mode yet
- Mandromeda now has better effects for his first ability
- Dreadknight Salforis now plays the proper custom sounds when using the Alt Avatar
== Bugfixes ==
- Brought back "Keg Away!" cast sound
- Fixed Piercing Arrows so that they deal the proper damage if the illusion dies
* Before the fix, they dealt 0 damage if they were in flight after the illusion died
- Fixed his Grapple so it unbinds targets if it touches a valid unit
- Fixed his ultimate from hitting units behind him
- Fixed the wolves' attackrange to properly be 128
- Fixed typo in his first ability
- Now can't tab to gadgets from Pitfall and Call to Arms
- Brought back Chariot sound without it being played to enemies
- Fixed a bug with him being unselectable
- Fixed his alt avatar Stampede projectiles so they don't pierce through invulnerability anymore
- Fixed a bug where dispelling the visual state did not dispel the damage from Mortification
- Fixed a bug where the dark-ghost transparent effects attached to the target did not disappear when the visual state gets dispelled
- Fixed Detonate so that the level progression tooltips displays properly